Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Public College Tuitiom is Free now in NY.

Gov. Cuomo is building all these things and closing Sheridan Expressway (prob too look good for a potential presidential run)

Should we be focusing on getting Cuomos attention on getting us a stadium, possibly with the reason that US has put a bid along with Canada and Mexico. A world cup game to actually be played in NY, should it be a group or later stage games. I dont think we can detrone metlife stadium for a final

Gov. Cuomo is building all these things and closing Sheridan Expressway (prob too look good for a potential presidential run)

Should we be focusing on getting Cuomos attention on getting us a stadium, possibly with the reason that US has put a bid along with Canada and Mexico. A world cup game to actually be played in NY, should it be a group or later stage games. I dont think we can detrone metlife stadium for a final

While objectively I don't think we need more New York stadiums in order to host World Cup games, NYCFC should aggressively push the narrative that we do. Can't the Jets get out of their lease in 2025? Rehash the Sunnyside Yards joint venture proposal?

While objectively I don't think we need more New York stadiums in order to host World Cup games, NYCFC should aggressively push the narrative that we do. Can't the Jets get out of their lease in 2025? Rehash the Sunnyside Yards joint venture proposal?
Im sure something should be done....plus we celebrate 250 years of independence...big celebration

Maybe President Cuomo and Mayor Rúben Diaz do something (he seems to like to build things to...friendly with real estate folks)

Reactions: Kjbert

Sheik Mansour: Get us a stadium and we'll fund you a SuperPAC for $1Bn.
Cuomo: Okay.

The Jets don't have a lease - they own half the stadium. They and the Giants lease the land from NJ. If the Jets opt out of the land lease, they will walk away from the hundreds of millions of dollars they invested in developing the stadium, basically gifting that money to the Giants.

The Jets don't have a lease - they own half the stadium. They and the Giants lease the land from NJ. If the Jets opt out of the land lease, they will walk away from the hundreds of millions of dollars they invested in developing the stadium, basically gifting that money to the Giants.

So interesting tidbit here. The Giants and Jets split revenue on the stadium equally. Giants hate this because they sell out 8 games at 82k plus. Jets I think were south of 50k last year. So Jets make out great here. Giants HATE it.

So Russia is apparently going to have two venues under 40,000 for World Cup usage in 2018, as well as two venues within Moscow itself. On that basis you do have to wonder if FIFA may be willing to consider two venues in the NYC area, one being MetLife and the other being a hypothetical 35-40K NYCFC Stadium in the city proper. Granted, then it's a matter of finding out whether CFG would want to build a stadium that may only see 50-65% utilization for the short-to-medium term future at least. (Wouldn't want to put money on it, but it's an interesting thought)

So Russia is apparently going to have two venues under 40,000 for World Cup usage in 2018, as well as two venues within Moscow itself. On that basis you do have to wonder if FIFA may be willing to consider two venues in the NYC area, one being MetLife and the other being a hypothetical 35-40K NYCFC Stadium in the city proper. Granted, then it's a matter of finding out whether CFG would want to build a stadium that may only see 50-65% utilization for the short-to-medium term future at least. (Wouldn't want to put money on it, but it's an interesting thought)
I really wonder if the if you build it, they will come theory would work for NYCFC? Part of me says yes, if there's a world class stadium inside of the city that's easy to get to, more people will attend (the self-described purists that don't like soccer in a baseball stadium). The other part of me, albeit a smaller reaction to this, says no, the stadium really won't make a difference because those not going to games saying it's the current baseball stadium situation can find any number of excuses to still not go.

I still believe that the team is going to get only one shot at an Urban Stadium, so buck up and make it as grand/large as possible because getting it approved once is easier that getting approval for an expansion (twice or more).

Last edited:
I really wonder if the if you build it, they will come theory would work for NYCFC? Part of me says yes, if there's a world class stadium inside of the city that's easy to get to, more people will attend (he self-described purists that don't like soccer in a baseball stadium). The other part of me, albeit a smaller reaction to this, says no, the stadium really won't make a difference because those not going to games saying it's the current baseball stadium situation can find any number of excuses to still not go.

I still believe that the team is going to get only one shot at an Urban Stadium, so buck up and make it as grand/large as possible because getting it approved once is easier that getting approval for an expansion (twice or more).

I mean yes its great, but I think, im sure its been mentioned before.....it probably best if its an Olympic Stadium....(a multi purpose stadium used for other sports like track and field/ rugby/ or other sports)....that way the city can host other sporting events. Is 40-50k large enough for multi purpose stadium?

I mean yes its great, but I think, im sure its been mentioned before.....it probably best if its an Olympic Stadium....(a multi purpose stadium used for other sports like track and field/ rugby/ or other sports)....that way the city can host other sporting events. Is 40-50k large enough for multi purpose stadium?
you mean like west ham's soul sucking london stadium? no thanks. If i wanted to be 20 unnecessary yards away from the action I'll just cancel my tickets buy a big screen tv and set it in the backyard and watch from the house. Same experience but I get a tv out of the deal.

Track meets are already hosted on Randalls Island at Icahn Stadium. No need to duplicate.

Reactions: Kjbert
Last edited:
As an Isles and Pigeons fan (I've started using the term more often because my 5 year old gets confused by NYCFC or "the blue team" to her. But she loves rooting for the pigeons). And if the Isles played at Belmont and the Pigeons moved to WP, I'd be very happy.

I read that Queens was explored and the proposal died from local opposition and competing interests, aka The Mets. The exact location in Queens may not change that outcome.

If locals in Belmont were ok with a stadium, then that may have been a missed opportunity for us.

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2017...fc-stadium-news-bronx-pier-40-flushing-corona

DeBlasio killed the Bronx plan originally but several years have passed and his thinking may have changed. May have better luck staying in the Bronx. At least we know the Yankees won't kill it.

Better question- what else is possible and hasn't already been shot down?

I read that Queens was explored and the proposal died from local opposition and competing interests, aka The Mets. The exact location in Queens may not change that outcome.

If locals in Belmont were ok with a stadium, then that may have been a missed opportunity for us.

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2017...fc-stadium-news-bronx-pier-40-flushing-corona

DeBlasio killed the Bronx plan originally but several years have passed and his thinking may have changed. May have better luck staying in the Bronx. At least we know the Yankees won't kill it.

Better question- what else is possible and hasn't already been shot down?
Belmont denied the Cosmos. Not sure that we would have been able to do to tip the scales, but I think you'd see a sharp fall in attendance if we went to LI.