Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

But where is the empanada shop?

Are you referring to the empanada place by River Avenue right across to YS? If you are referring to that locale the empanadas are quite tasty . I love the cheese one. The meat one was a bit dry and a bit flavorless. If you like spicy, try it with a bit of Tabasco sauce. I have to try the chicken one.

Looks like they've done a ton per their webpage. Seems as though they are the Spanish equivalent to HOK/Populous
They only have offices in three euro cities, so I wonder if they'd open an office in NYC or (more likely) team with a local firm allowing them to be the Architect of Record? My money is on the second option: they are the design architects and handle overall design vision & the scope quality control while a local firm navigates the approval process & construction documents/technical resolutions.

They only have offices in three euro cities, so I wonder if they'd open an office in NYC or (more likely) team with a local firm allowing them to be the Architect of Record? My money is on the second option: they are the design architects and handle overall design vision & the scope quality control while a local firm navigates the approval process & construction documents/technical resolutions.

Already have been here working in the States

Reactions: sbrylski and Ulrich
If you're registered with a political party (that has elections today)...

IT'S PRIMARY ELECTION DAY! VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATES ON YOUR BALLOT THAT SUPPORT THE CONSTRUCTION OF A SOCCER SPECIFIC STADIUM!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Are you referring to the empanada place by River Avenue right across to YS? If you are referring to that locale the empanadas are quite tasty . I love the cheese one. The meat one was a bit dry and a bit flavorless. If you like spicy, try it with a bit of Tabasco sauce. I have to try the chicken one.
It closed.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Well there is a nugget to mine from there.

The team is working on public and private processes so Willets Point seems to be that much more real. GAL and the Fresh Direct site in LIC would be private.
Listening to the podcast last night, the way Patricof said this, it sounded more like he meant there are some that are public and some that are private.

Additionally, the follow up question by one of the fans in regards to the David Villa robocall was a GREAT question

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
In the sports infrastructure Chalk Talk, Jon Stemp threw out a figure of around 40-50 acres to do something like the Etihad Campus, where all facilities would be co-located. He also said that it's basically not gonna happen here in NYC.

However this (https://www.nycedc.com/project/willets-point-development) article suggests that the full Willets Point development would be 62 acres.

A few different possibilities:
  • I shouldn't read into his "not happening" statement. It was a bluff or a throwaway comment.
  • The shape / availability of Willets Point land isn't conducive.
  • It's not Willets - at this point seems unlikely.
  • We already started work on the training center out in Rockland so we don't want to try building an all-inclusive campus anymore.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert