Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I can't remember who posted that video of how Brighton got their stadium but maybe it's time to be more proactive. Signs in stadium, banners outside before games.

It was I. That being said, Patricof said that there will be a time when supporters will be notified when to go public to help the stadium process. At this point, putting public pressure on the front office will only drive land values up really for a stadium. Let them do their work and then we'll push them across the finish line.

We should learn from the Brighton supporters...

I think once we get a copy of the proposal, we will have a much better idea if this is serious or not. I think it's all for naught regardless, since the Islanders have a lot more clout and interest in Belmont than we do.

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
It was I. That being said, Patricof said that there will be a time when supporters will be notified when to go public to help the stadium process. At this point, putting public pressure on the front office will only drive land values up really for a stadium. Let them do their work and then we'll push them across the finish line.

You really think a dozen fans standing outside the stadium is going to drive up real estate prices? Couldn't it just show DeBlasio and NYCFC that we as fans are losing patience with the lack of progress?

Reactions: Kjbert
You really think a dozen fans standing outside the stadium is going to drive up real estate prices? Couldn't it just show DeBlasio and NYCFC that we as fans are losing patience with the lack of progress?

de Blasio has no incentive to help with a stadium. And the lots we're looking at can only be used for either a stadium or non-residential purposes so we're not competing with developers.

Would it actually drive up prices? Unlikely.

Does anyone think that they (NYCFC) rehash these stories every month or two just to pacify fans and make it look like they're doing something?

I for one feel like we'll still be talking about rumors of possible stadium sites a year from now. Put it on the board.

Well Belmont is actually in New York State for one.

It's actually easier (cheaper I think as well) to go to RBA, I don't think a line goes straight to Belmont don't you have to transfer somewhere to train there and it only works on event days

Hell, no one went to LI for the cosmos before nycfc even though its in same state

If this goes thru then it's over....didn't some FO kept denying this whole thing on Belmont...if not then yet another lie one that will actually kill the whole thing

It's actually easier (cheaper I think as well) to go to RBA, I don't think a line goes straight to Belmont don't you have to transfer somewhere to train there and it only works on event days

Hell, no one went to LI for the cosmos before nycfc even though its in same state

If this goes thru then it's over....didn't some FO kept denying this whole thing on Belmont...if not then yet another lie one that will actually kill the whole thing
Not for me. If LIRR runs then it’s easier for me to get to Belmont.

One of the appealing things about attending a soccer match is the time component. If the Yankees play at 7 PM, I need to plan for the commute, the throngs of fans trying to get in, the length of the game and then the ride home.

Soccer matches are mostly lesser attended and they are less than two hours, start to finish. Probably saves you 3 hours.

Commuting to Belmont is a non-starter for my family.