Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Have any other proposals leaked/been written up, or is this it???

If this is the only one, and the RFP was from last year, then there may be something to this having real legitimacy. Kind of a gorilla marketing rollout.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
lol i know what you meant to say but damn wtf happened

EDIT: okay now i look kinda stupid because the quote came out perfect but heres how it looks on my screen:

30738755_10103517409754727_3984907241760227328_n.png
Those of you not on twitter the last 2 weeks have no idea how funny this is.

You're still probably better off, but, this is gold.

Have any other proposals leaked/been written up, or is this it???

If this is the only one, and the RFP was from last year, then there may be something to this having real legitimacy. Kind of a gorilla marketing rollout.

There is very little on the web about this site besides the rollout/request for RFP, that NY Times article, and various other NYCFC rumored site articles. It's been if anything too quiet. Maybe someone else's Google skills are better, but I can't find anything

What does "A never been done before fully 'integrated and transformative' sport and community scheme in NYC, that is deliverable" mean? Especially the bolded portion?

Reactions: Kjbert
Those of you not on twitter the last 2 weeks have no idea how funny this is.

You're still probably better off, but, this is gold.
I kind have been, my understanding is the timeline goes as follows:

Random user "leaks photo"
People start rumor and picking apart photo
Original poster says on their instagram page that it may be fake: http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-642#post-241888
Then it kind of gets shut down. I see that the MLS Transfers account had a smartass reply to LionNYC sharing the original photo.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Reactions: Kjbert
I kind have been, my understanding is the timeline goes as follows:

Random user "leaks photo"
People start rumor and picking apart photo
Original poster says on their instagram page that it may be fake: http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-642#post-241888
Then it kind of gets shut down. I see that the MLS Transfers account had a smartass reply to LionNYC sharing the original photo.

Is there something else I'm missing?
Yeah it's a whole different thing.
Someone posts 2 images. Ostensibly or actually of the same person. One on left is the ugly duckling version, one on right is beautiful. Then they put text above, and format it so left side reads in a column "If you didn't love me at my:" and the one on the right reads in a column "You don't deserve me at my:"

But however the person formatted it, the columns get messed up when viewed on different platforms, screen sizes, etc. So it ends up reading "If you didn't don't love me" and "you deserve me at my at my" or something equally incoherent. I saw 100-200 of them in 36 hours about 10 days ago.

A few random articles about the site from when it first went up to bid.

Amazing that this was so under the radar when it was going through a state bid when Belmont was so public for a very similar process.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...assive-development-over-south-bronx-rail-yard

https://esd.ny.gov/empire-state-development-announces-rfei-128-acres-harlem-river-yards

ETA: The first article has this interesting tidbit.

Because the zone is governed by something called a general project plan, the state does not need to get any local approvals to change the zoning—say from manufacturing to residential or retail—which can instead be implemented through a state approval process.​