Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
They’re not the biggest real estate blog, but they’re certainly not fringe either. I think they’re credible enough to presumptively trust this - or at least in the category of “trust, but verify.”
Exactly. Too many Big player names were dropped in the article for it not to have been researched.

May I suggest amending the thread title to let people know there is actually news? I know many avoid this thread like the plague.

if you don't love me at my 600+ pages of shitposting

you don't deserve me at my 1 day of possibly legit news

lol i know what you meant to say but damn wtf happened

EDIT: okay now i look kinda stupid because the quote came out perfect but heres how it looks on my screen:

30738755_10103517409754727_3984907241760227328_n.png

BTW, this isn't completely out of the blue:

That pursuit apparently includes other options. N.Y.C.F.C., which currently plays home games at Yankee Stadium, and Related expressed interest earlier this year in an Empire State Development Corporation site at the Harlem River Yards, a 12.8-acre parcel on the Harlem River in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx, according to a person familiar with the discussions. And the team is investigating at least two sites in Willets Point, Queens

That's from a NY Times article from September talking about the Belmont non-site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/...ontentCollection=soccer&region=stream&module=

As someone pointed out on Reddit, this is a state RFP (the article's wording was a little unclear on that) which does suggest that maybe there was something to the conspiratorial view of the Belmont bid. It also means that the mayor will have little to no role in the project, although it will probably still have to go through the City Council for the zoning special permit*. I wonder then if Willet's was their backup the whole time, or if they feel that there are too many potential pitfalls there to make it worth their time and investment (not an unreasonable view).

*Or not, as it looks like ESD can preempt zoning rules here (h/t Gotham Gator ) . Hey, hopefully that can speed up the timeline!

Last edited:
Empire State Development Corporation always intended to give the Belmont site to the Islanders, but since that would have been problematic on a number of levels, they asked Related/CFG to put in a bid to make it look more legit, in exchange for getting this site.

conspiracy? more like normal nyc politics

Reactions: Sabo and Kjbert