Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
]
giphy.gif
Ah, ya know that was my first instinct. I was like, huh, is Medina another name for Jesus or something... google search... nope. I don't get it.

MEME---Derp.jpg

Talk to me about that walk.
Put one foot in front of the other and swing your arms slightly. Keep your head up, not reading your phone, and look approx 20-40ft ahead of you for signs of danger or obstructions. At intersections, stop and look both ways before stepping off the curb. Don’t play in the street.

Put one foot in front of the other and swing your arms slightly. Keep your head up, not reading your phone, and look approx 20-40ft ahead of you for signs of danger or obstructions. At intersections, stop and look both ways before stepping off the curb. Don’t play in the street.

thought this is where you were gonna go with this at first (starts at 0:45):

Reactions: Ulrich
What nobody has discussed is that there’s to be a 25,000sf medical facility in the base of the stadium (or maybe adjacent towers). Obviously our bitching about injuries was taken seriously since there’s now a small hospital attached for immediate diagnosis - great job intern!

In all seriousness, I’m sure the south Bronx could use a new, state of the art medical facility, so this is a huge Get for the community. Nicely done!

A few random articles about the site from when it first went up to bid.

Amazing that this was so under the radar when it was going through a state bid when Belmont was so public for a very similar process.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...assive-development-over-south-bronx-rail-yard

https://esd.ny.gov/empire-state-development-announces-rfei-128-acres-harlem-river-yards

ETA: The first article has this interesting tidbit.

Because the zone is governed by something called a general project plan, the state does not need to get any local approvals to change the zoning—say from manufacturing to residential or retail—which can instead be implemented through a state approval process.​
From the Crain's article comments section:

upload_2018-4-17_12-24-45.png

South Bronx is looking more and more like Brooklyn, I need to get some property nearby before all this happens lol.

But everyone seems to really like the proposed design, I think it looks lame. Almost like my sons old potty training toilet.

We're just asking for the shit jokes later

South Bronx is looking more and more like Brooklyn, I need to get some property nearby before all this happens lol.

But everyone seems to really like the proposed design, I think it looks lame. Almost like my sons old potty training toilet.

We're just asking for the shit jokes later

its happening already....right next to stans there a brand new building and i think a few more near by as well in construction.