Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Is it a coincidence that the 2nd proposal as almost the same amenities going to be built (medical center, school etc) or were those requirements for the bid

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
My limited knowledge of NY real estate suggests that 12.5 acres of waterfront real estate, adjacent to a parcel being developed with hi-density housing, is likely worth more than a $500,000 annuity.

You again sees to be adding me for a fully developed alternative proposal with revenue projections, which is ridiculous.

How about this: giving the land away and making it subject to full freight (no pun intended) taxation would appear to be a much better deal than the one currently proposed.

Selling it at a market price, maintaining the right of way for the rail Yards and collecting full freight taxes even better.

And if the state gets a better offer, they are free to take it. If they don’t, it tells you something.

Edit

I'm trying to figure this out on my financial calculator.$5000,000 a year for 99 years at 2.5% present value is? I think it's about $18.5 million.

So NYCFC would spend $100 million to make their plot of land usable. Then the present value of their rent is $18.5 million.

How big is the plot of land the stadium would be on?
Though I'm not certain you should be using the full $100m in this analysis. $25m is for the platform, and its estimated that it would cost an additional $75m to build the stadium on that site due to it.

It's likely that other developments would also be more expensive due to it, but perhaps not the additional $75m, so I would imagine its some portion of that that could be used, though I don't know how to even arrive at that figure.

Though I'm not certain you should be using the full $100m in this analysis. $25m is for the platform, and its estimated that it would cost an additional $75m to build the stadium on that site due to it.

It's likely that other developments would also be more expensive due to it, but perhaps not the additional $75m, so I would imagine its some portion of that that could be used, though I don't know how to even arrive at that figure.
That $100M is for remediation and the platform. $25M for R and $75 for P.

Just realized something that could throw a kink into both proposals, and NYCFC's is better positioned financially to weather it, but that $75M platform that was projected last year is not gonna cost $75M, but it's gonna cost a hell of a lot more thanks to recent steel tariffs. And that's just the platform. The other proposal has 7 buildings, which theoretically could be built out of concrete, but steel is the likely way to go so as not to be mixing a steel platform with concrete buildings (economy of scale and using a single sub rather than mixing two that have to work together). NYCFC's stadium will (almost assuredly) also be a steel superstructure, so it's cost will go up. At least NYCFC has deep pockets. That other proposal is gonna have to find additional private financing, and it's luxury apartments will likely go up in price - or the number of affordable apartments will go down.

That $100M is for remediation and the platform. $25M for R and $75 for P.

Just realized something that could throw a kink into both proposals, and NYCFC's is better positioned financially to weather it, but that $75M platform that was projected last year is not gonna cost $75M, but it's gonna cost a hell of a lot more thanks to recent steel tariffs. And that's just the platform. The other proposal has 7 buildings, which theoretically could be built out of concrete, but steel is the likely way to go so as not to be mixing a steel platform with concrete buildings (economy of scale and using a single sub rather than mixing two that have to work together). NYCFC's stadium will (almost assuredly) also be a steel superstructure, so it's cost will go up. At least NYCFC has deep pockets. That other proposal is gonna have to find additional private financing, and it's luxury apartments will likely go up in price - or the number of affordable apartments will go down.
Oops, I had it mixed up.

I just hope some of them decide to be bold and start reading from Page1.

We can have it printed and bound in 2022/2023. And read from beneath the David Villa statue. My favorite passages when Rimil Rimil leads a group of die hard Fans from Randall’s Island across the Bronx Kill to the promised land. They then wander drunendky around Port Morris till they are sober enough to arrive at the 40th Minute of our first match.

I think you have an extra 0.
NPV of $500k for 99 years at 2.5% = $18.3 million

? $18.5 Million NPV plus $100 million to remediate?

It looks like my $100 Million was wrong. It should be $18.3 Million NPV plus $25 Million I think.

How big is the plot of land for the stadium? 12.5 acres?

$3.5 Million per acre for a 99 year lease. What does an acre go for in the South Bronx

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So friends, has anyone reached out to the FO? if so, is their reaction different from the last "leak"?

I wonder if this is in preparation to gauge public reaction.
I see that this is gathering more reaction than the other "leak" in Queens.

Reactions: Kjbert
We can have it printed and bound in 2022/2023. And read from beneath the David Villa statue. My favorite passages when Rimil Rimil leads a group of die hard Fans from Randall’s Island across the Bronx Kill to the promised land. They then wander drunendky around Port Morris till they are sober enough to arrive at the 40th Minute of our first match.
I am on to your subtle allusion. I am flattered to be given such a role, but alas it means i won't live to see opening day :(
upload_2018-4-18_19-16-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-18_19-16-16.png
    upload_2018-4-18_19-16-16.png
    752.2 KB · Views: 1
? $18.5 Million NPV plus $100 million to remediate?

It looks like my $100 Million was wrong. It should be $18.3 Million NPV plus $25 Million I think.

How big is the plot of land for the stadium? 12.5 acres?

$3.5 Million per acre for a 99 year lease. What does an acre go for in the South Bronx

No. It’s $118 million. Nothing can be built there until the $100 million is spent.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The last major purchase in that area was in 2015. Right up the block. 5 acres for $58 million. $11.5 Million per acre to OWN the land and put luxury condos in.

The $500,000 annuity is not the only thing the state is getting.. You need to take into account all the capital improvements the developers are doing. If the state paid for all those capital improvements, then yes that annuity would be far from adequate and the state would be getting screwed.
Why would the state pay for those capital improvements unless they were developing the land for their own use?