Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sure, and that wouldn’t surprise me one bit, but the optics of that are worse - industrial area on the waterfront that has ability to make money while getting a free makeover being left as is....

To the thinking person, I agree. Just not sure most people will see it that way. Unfortunately, some would rather have nothing happen there then something that could potentially benefit a wealthy person or company- even if “they” benefit as well.

Sure, and that wouldn’t surprise me one bit, but the optics of that are worse - industrial area on the waterfront that has ability to make money while getting a free makeover being left as is....
Considering posters here consider de Blasio a leftist, a Nixon victory virtually guarantees the team will be disbanded and the players forced to become dentists in Lowville.

Considering posters here consider de Blasio a leftist, a Nixon victory virtually guarantees the team will be disbanded and the players forced to become dentists in Lowville.

Not making a value judgement at all but DeBlasio considers himself a leftist and by most standards, he is. He may not be as far left as others but he is a leftist nonetheless

I would think she’d be onboard with the team since their motto is For The City, or something like that. What more could a popular ticket candidate want than an organization’s sole purpose to be for the municipality?

Reactions: mgarbowski
Not making a value judgement at all but DeBlasio considers himself a leftist and by most standards, he is. He may not be as far left as others but he is a leftist nonetheless
I'm sure he considers himself a progressive, which is not the same thing.

Calling individuals that are at most one standard deviation left of the absolute center "leftists" completely obfuscates actual left politics. Per one of your other points, I get that that is how the US political spectrum is often framed, but it's still bad and dumb.

(And, in case it has to be said, the same is equally true on the other side of the bell curve.)

I'm sure he considers himself a progressive, which is not the same thing.

Calling individuals that are at most one standard deviation left of the absolute center "leftists" completely obfuscates actual left politics. Per one of your other points, I get that that is how the US political spectrum is often framed, but it's still bad and dumb.

(And, in case it has to be said, the same is equally true on the other side of the bell curve.)

I think he and many others would disagree that he is one standard deviation to the left. In fact, I think he is frustrated with Cuomo because he feels Cuomo is only one standard deviation to the left.

And maybe the US spectrum is too narrow to be entirely accurate but for the pursposes of this conversation in this country, it’s not unreasonable to consider DeBlasio, who is considered to be far left by American standards, a leftist. In Cuba? Probably not. Here- absolutely.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Cynthia Nixon is probably a Russian plant. She's a hack and is symptomatic of our broken political system.

The Russians don’t want the land leased either?

The Russians influence our elections by igniting the fringe elements of our politics. Do I think Bernie Sanders is a spy? No. but he is a useful idiot. Same with Nixon.

The Russians influence our elections by igniting the fringe elements of our politics. Do I think Bernie Sanders is a spy? No. but he is a useful idiot. Same with Nixon.
I know. My comment was tongue in cheek.

Reactions: Kjbert

Someone’s been binging Homeland. Excited for the season finale?

Edit.
I’m also really confused by the fact the Russian spy in Homeland is the same actor as the Russian spy in the Americans. Both series are current and mid-season.

Getting back on track... Since we were talking about precisely what Marty Edelman's role with the club is the other day, it's worth noting that he's the guy who gets scissor duty here:

Make no mistake. Marty runs this team. Patricof is now in the Tim Pernetti role. And Reyna is still GM. They both answer to Marty. I assume PV answers to Reyna.

Make no mistake. Marty runs this team. Patricof is now in the Tim Pernetti role. And Reyna is still GM. They both answer to Marty. I assume PV answers to Reyna.
What's the Tim Pernetti role? I Googled him but there's too much of a context deficit for me not to just ask.

Cheers :D

It's kind of odd to have someone not on the official org chart -- and not even publicly acknowledged as an employee or officer-- to be the effective head. It's also odd for him to cut the ribbon, too, so I'm not disputing you. But this is weird. Is Edelman a CFG officer? As far as we know, he's technically a consultant/outside counsel to NYCFC. Should not be in charge according to normal corporate governance.
What's the Tim Pernetti role? I Googled him but there's too much of a context deficit for me not to just ask.

Cheers :D

Pernetti was Chief Business Officer at a time when the team had no President and the team was effectively run from Manchester. He left, maybe was nudged, I think a few months before 2015 season and Tom Glick, a CFG Manchester guy, was made first president. He left between 2015 and 2016 and Patricof became President.

It's kind of odd to have someone not on the official org chart -- and not even publicly acknowledged as an employee or officer-- to be the effective head. It's also odd for him to cut the ribbon, too, so I'm not disputing you. But this is weird. Is Edelman a CFG officer? As far as we know, he's technically a consultant/outside counsel to NYCFC. Should not be in charge according to normal corporate governance.

He's on the CFG Board:

Martin Edelman, Non-Executive Director

Martin Edelman was appointed to the Board on 23 September 2008. He was a Director of Cendant Corporation from 1997-2006 and was a Director of HFS from November 1993 until December 1997. He has been Of Counsel to Paul Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, a New York City law firm, since June 2000 and currently serves as Director of the Avis Budget Group.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski