Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I agree there isn't enough being done and openly stated that the bar hunt later this month is a wasted opportunity. Wasn't too thrilled to email the club recently (hardly bombarded them with ideas it was more to test if anyone would respond) and not get any response either. Obviously I'm going to do so again and propose the idea of a fans forum. As for my "message board proposals" its hard to do much else not being in NY so to an extent I have to rely on others implementing ideas. I'm not saying people should use my personal ideas but there's nothing negative about setting up a fans forum.

On a side note where has Chance Michaels been these past couple of weeks?

Oh well, another fantasy shot to hell:

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/artic...e-blasio-begins-dialogue-bronx-soccer-stadium

De Blasio begins ‘dialogue’ on Bronx soccer stadium
TweetShare on FacebookShare on TumblrPrint
By Dana Rubinstein 2:03 p.m. | Apr. 15, 2014 1follow this reporter
Mayor Bill de Blasio has not given up on former mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal for a soccer stadium near Yankee Stadium.

"The de Blasio administration has begun a dialogue with key stakeholders on how to best proceed on the construction of a soccer stadium that also invests in community benefits, preserves public space and provides good-paying jobs," Marti Adams, a de Blasio spokesperson, told Capital.

snip
“We have real concerns about investing scarce public resources and forgoing revenue to support the creation of an arena for a team co-owned by one of the world’s wealthiest individuals, and will review any plan with that in mind,” de Blasio’s then-spokeswoman, Lis Smith, told the Times.

Since then, whatever dialogue the administration has been participating in has been a muted one.

A City Hall spokesman declined to say who the adminstration was talking to.

Two knowledgeable sources told me they knew of no substantive administration efforts to reach a deal on the stadium.

In order for the old deal to acquire a new life, one of those sources told me that in addition to the intra-borough elevator company relocation and a deal with the bondholders, the New York City Football Club would have to be willing to move forward with no subsidies, direct or indirect.

^^^ Fair points that nobody denies. That's why they'll sit down and hammer out an agreement that will satisfy both parties. Reckon all those "fans" who believe in internet rumors are going to have to find something new to piss and moan about.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Seven pages. Whoo!
You guys have a lot of faith; I'll give you that.

"Two knowledgeable sources told me they knew of no substantive administration efforts to reach a deal on the stadium.".

That's the statement that sticks out for me, especially since it dovetails with everything the deBlasio people have been saying since December before he took office.

Frankly, Mansour should call the City's bluff. Offer to pay for the stadium out-of-pocket and see if the City can then grease the wheels to get it done.

Meanwhile: Floyd Bennett Field

Reactions: einwindir
Seven pages. Whoo!
You guys have a lot of faith; I'll give you that.

"Two knowledgeable sources told me they knew of no substantive administration efforts to reach a deal on the stadium.".

That's the statement that sticks out for me, especially since it dovetails with everything the deBlasio people have been saying since December before he took office.

Frankly, Mansour should call the City's bluff. Offer to pay for the stadium out-of-pocket and see if the City can then grease the wheels to get it done.

Meanwhile: Floyd Bennett Field

I suspect that would have the opposite effect. If someone offers to invest a ludicrous amount of capital with no strings attached you usually just say " yes please" and then let them do their thing. If you've already got the agreement that they'll invest, why suddenly start wasting your own money on unnecessary sweeteners?

Besides, Mansour might not be willing to lay up this much all on his own. We are talking about a figure that might be 2-3% of his entire net worth here to get it done. That's a huge outlay of cash.

when you think about it, if the team is gonna play in yankee stadium for 3 years, then that kinda means that construcion for the new stadium will begin soon. i think this because stadiums dont pop up overnight.

That article smacks of political posturing. DiBlasio saying he's trying to work with the club but that the club is being greedy, the club stating that DiBlasio isn't serious and is being an obstacle to a deal that the previous mayor had agreed to, thus creating a black eye for the city.

This is why playing in Yankee stadium is a big deal. It puts it front and center that the club doesn't have a stadium but is trying to be in the city, thus putting more pressure on the mayor to get something done.

It seems what is actually happening is that they're figuring out what can be done so that the city can help out in a way that DiBlasio can politically tolerate. There's a reason that "preserve public space" line is in there from the mayor's camp.

It seems what is actually happening is that they're figuring out what can be done so that the city can help out in a way that DiBlasio can politically tolerate. There's a reason that "preserve public space" line is in there from the mayor's camp.
100% spot on. That's just the way it works.

NYCFC is coming into this with a low ball offer and the City of New York is going to grab all it can. Eventually a deal is going to be struck where both parties will be satisfied. It's only a matter of time.

Everyone knows that getting the stadium built will involve a lot of horse trading, political manoeuvres, outright bluffs, big money and at a guess in the end a deal will be reached that everyone involved will take credit for..

Reactions: einwindir and Gene
I mean.. Just look what NYCFC have done to raise their profile the last months.

Reactions: Gene
It takes long enough just to lay down fake turf for every game - remember that during the baseball season, there's a game every 2-3 days. Having to then install what would have to be specially-designed seating to fit a really unusual shape of area, plus without putting undue weight on the ground beneath it which could damage the baseball field, and having to do that 15-20 times a season and then get rid of it in a matter of hours again each time? That's a logistical nightmare.

On top of that, remember that the seats in a baseball field are raised well above the ground, even at front-row level, and there's a barrier all the way around, like there is to stop you falling off at the front of second-tier seating. The only way fans sat in temporary seating in that corner would feasibly be able to get to and from their seats would be to walk around the edge of the pitch and down the players' tunnel.

Reactions: Kinkladze and Andy
It won't be easy, but what will ultimately make the gameday experience will be the players on the field and fans in the ranks, not how the field itself looks.

NYCFC Stadium announcement this morning

A photo illustration of how NYCFC's might look at Yankee Stadium:
yankee-stadium-soccer.jpg

Photo Illustration: MLSSoccer.com

From that photo it looks like you'll have decent seating everywhere except from home plate to left foul line. For a temporary stadium that holds 33k, you could do a lot worse.
I had the volume low but I thought they said they weren't even selling seats behind home plate?

This stadium needs to get built for 2016.... If it's not, NYCFC is going to have a hard time building soccer fans in the city. I'm guessing the club still wants that Bronx spot. From everything I read, the residents care about public money vs. owner money. They don't care about the new stadium as much.

So just pony up the cash. It's a drop in the bucket for them and let's break ground. I'm giving myself a heart attack today because I'm going to buy these season tickets without knowing if this club will be the gem of the league like it should be.

Orlando was a great expansion. NYCFC, Atlanta, and Miami are looking super iffy. Atlanta's stadium is going to be massive without the fan base that Seattle has for their massive stadium.

I almost can't disagree more.

Miami is a slam dunk. They're going to build a beautiful stadium in a beautiful city that people all over the world will want to go to. The only hang up is whether Beckham will build it right where he wants it or settle for another location.

Atlanta is a sweet deal, too, I think. Its a 1.2 billion dollar stadium being designed with soccer in mind. It will allow that club to grow into the stadium. Who knows? A few years down the line they might be selling the place out like Seattle.

Finally, NYCFC won't have a stadium before 2017. Even if they can reach an agreement with the city in the next 6 months. That said, I'm still pretty confident NYCFC will reach an agreement before the end of the first season. They didn't say it but I'm sure the belief in this YS arrangement is that NYCFC will leave by the end of those 3 years.