Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
What is this just ended up being a skit for Impractical Jokers. That would be so hilarious, and also really suck.

giphy.gif

dont they do these focus groups every year? its not much news at all i think.
I'm fairly certain there has never been focus group on stadium issues. There was a focus group about 2 years ago on non-stadium stuff and I think people even had to sign an NDA. And Patricoff has STH meetings every now and again when people inevitably bring up the stadium, but those aren't focus groups.

This very well might not mean anything, or even a ruse to make us think something is happening, but it is something we haven't seen before.

I'm fairly certain there has never been focus group on stadium issues. There was a focus group about 2 years ago on non-stadium stuff and I think people even had to sign an NDA. And Patricoff has STH meetings every now and again when people inevitably bring up the stadium, but those aren't focus groups.

This very well might not mean anything, or even a ruse to make us think something is happening, but it is something we haven't seen before.

i could of sworn there was something about "what you wanted in the potential stadium" and concessions etc. There was a survey but could of sworn there was follow up to that and it was focus group.

it just feels no different to the meetings Patricoff has been part of with STH. so not expecting much to come from this

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
i could of sworn there was something about "what you wanted in the potential stadium" and concessions etc. There was a survey but could of sworn there was follow up to that and it was focus group.

it just feels no different to the meetings Patricoff has been part of with STH. so not expecting much to come from this
I could be way off on what they intend, but from the sounds of it, this is a real focus group being conducted at a real facility, not the NYCFC office. That means a moderator and one-way glass with reps from CFG watching. I’d wager a NDA will be signed, and they’ll take you through exercises to brainstorm aspects of what makes a good stadium, what you’d like to see, etc. They’d then finish with potential designs to gauge feedback.

That is, if they’re running this like a real focus group.

I could be way off on what they intend, but from the sounds of it, this is a real focus group being conducted at a real facility, not the NYCFC office. That means a moderator and one-way glass with reps from CFG watching. I’d wager a NDA will be signed, and they’ll take you through exercises to brainstorm aspects of what makes a good stadium, what you’d like to see, etc. They’d then finish with potential designs to gauge feedback.

That is, if they’re running this like a real focus group.

Reactions: Kjbert
So a guy that bought a 5 Pack

Was it last year or the year before when ticket reups happened they sent that link out for everybody to do a survey of what they wanted and didn't want in a stadium

So a guy that bought a 5 Pack

Was it last year or the year before when ticket reups happened they sent that link out for everybody to do a survey of what they wanted and didn't want in a stadium
The 5-pack buyer should be expected. Focus groups need a wide spectrum of participants because if it’s just the diehards, they won’t find out what motivates the people that have one foot in/one foot out, or those not even willing to be STH but tried out a game here/there. And while they want people to be engaged in the discussions, they don’t like the personalities that dominate conversations. I’m not saying they have black-balled anybody here, but there’s always the possibility when they sent out invitations that they shied away from STH’s that have been difficult/demanding when dealing with reps.

The 5-pack buyer should be expected. Focus groups need a wide spectrum of participants because if it’s just the diehards, they won’t find out what motivates the people that have one foot in/one foot out, or those not even willing to be STH but tried out a game here/there. And while they want people to be engaged in the discussions, they don’t like the personalities that dominate conversations. I’m not saying they have black-balled anybody here, but there’s always the possibility when they sent out invitations that they shied away from STH’s that have been difficult/demanding when dealing with reps.

Who could you possibly be referring to?

That was not part of that post. It was supposed to be a different post, but it was still in the comment box and carried over.

I was gonna originally ask when the 5 pack was purchased to get an idea when this focus group was put together.

Reactions: Ulrich
That was not part of that post. It was supposed to be a different post, but it was still in the comment box and carried over.

I was gonna originally ask when the 5 pack was purchased to get an idea when this focus group was put together.
My friend got the focus group invite Friday night. He bought his 5-pack either preseason or very early, like March. I expect the focus group invitees were selected in the last few weeks. There was no reason to do so earlier.

Let's just hope the recent strategy of young, cheap DP signings doesn't translate to the amount of money they pour into the stadium. Really don't want to be a D.C. type build, but more like the MSG redevelopment.
We know by now that the team won’t lead the league in any category of spending. Training center, (lack of) USL, DPs. We don’t have to guess about this.

So some of @Jon’s suggestions strike me as pretty much fantasy.

We should count ourselves lucky if we get a stadium at all! Never mind the bells and whistles. Potentially achievable amenities may include: (1) good, accessible location (Lord willing); (2) roof like LAFC’s to keep out the heat and the rain but let light in; (3) safe standing in the SS; (4) stands close to the pitch and on a steep angle; (5) don’t fuck up the tv camera like DC; and hopefully (6) wide concourse that won’t get jammed at the half and whatever counts as a decent stadium bathroom.

Cheap concessions and better ticketing/resale tech would be amazing. If I were king (/sheik) I’d prioritize that sort of thing on the theory that a packed house is its own reward, in addition to creating a virtuous circle of drawing in fans and reinforcing fandom. But I highly doubt we depart so totally from our set, antiquated strategy of high price points, low amenities, general stinginess, and taking the hit on atmosphere and goodwill. It’s “good enough,” right?

(And I say this being very happy with Dome and, in general, our sporting side.)