Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
not sarcastic - I saw the timestamp on your post and wasn't sure if that was from a Bloomberg article from today
yes, from today on the terminal. I didnt know a better way to grab then to just copy the text. There was no webpage link.

I am no junk bond expert but when someone buys defaulted bonds from 30 to 60 in less then 5 month i suppose they have some reason to believe a positive restructuring is coming.

upload_2018-9-26_16-57-21.png

Can we talk about the current stadium we have for a minute and how absolutely shit the field was today? I think there were more slips and falls than shots on target.

If all those players were wearing the new Apple Watch, we’d have sirens from ambulances rushing over to Yankee Stadium all night.

Can we talk about the current stadium we have for a minute and how absolutely shit the field was today? I think there were more slips and falls than shots on target.

If all those players were wearing the new Apple Watch, we’d have sirens from ambulances rushing over to Yankee Stadium all night.

I think they want to change the baseball field as little as possible. And if Yanks keep winning, Citi Field for Philly. The Usher told me, mgarbowski & Shwafta Shwafta ”see you in the playoffs” on the way out.

I think they want to change the baseball field as little as possible. And if Yanks keep winning, Citi Field for Philly. The Usher told me, mgarbowski & Shwafta Shwafta ”see you in the playoffs” on the way out.

LOL yes he did! xD You also turned, gave him this beautiful look and said, "so that confirms it, we're playing Philli in Citi Field? ;)" and his reaction was great.

I can now take 3 people off my NYCFC Checklist:
mgarbowski , adam adam
Was very nice meeting you guys finally!
AND
headband guy! He passed by me so I waved him down and told him he's great (was a bit more wordy but not important lol)
----

Awful. Villa's miss, there was that breakaway where they passed to (i think) Maxi and he slipped getting to the ball, and then the defenders were all over the place... I have no idea how we kept a clean sheet tbh because both back lines couldn't stand up straight.

There was also one part where one of the Fire players slid into the ball and we watched a huge chunk of dirt fly probably 15 feet into the air.

They should start advertising for those personal injury attorneys at the game with all the slip and falls going on.

They should start advertising for those personal injury attorneys at the game with all the slip and falls going on.

giphy.gif

I think a lot of that had to do with the flooding rain yesterday. There was huge flooding in Westchester and CT due to that rainstorm yesterday, and that probably caused the groundskeepers to either delay or hamper the installation of that grass.

The field looked like it was super soft -- the non-infield part was just as slippery as the infield part, and I'm sure it had to do with the fact that literally inches of rain fell the day before the game.

I think a lot of that had to do with the flooding rain yesterday. There was huge flooding in Westchester and CT due to that rainstorm yesterday, and that probably caused the groundskeepers to either delay or hamper the installation of that grass.

The field looked like it was super soft -- the non-infield part was just as slippery as the infield part, and I'm sure it had to do with the fact that literally inches of rain fell the day before the game.
Unfortunately I wasn't at the game, but I remember Ian was raging about how much rain NY had gotten, and they were still watering the fields before the game. I understand fields are constructed to drain well/quick, but the field must've been soaked, and then they add another bit of water on top. Completely unnecessary, and minor league to use the same few steps (mow grass, place lines, sprinklers) by the grounds crew and not realize that hey, maybe we can save some water and time because gallons were dumped on the field not a few days previous.

I think our field gets a lot more criticism than it deserves, but it was terrible last night. The whole thing was very slippery, and the infield was just a mass of brown. Not sure if it looked any different in person.

I agree that the flooding rains likely had a lot to do with it. I would bet that the timing - 30 hours ahead of time when the pitch is being prepared - was about the worst timing possible.

I think our field gets a lot more criticism than it deserves, but it was terrible last night. The whole thing was very slippery, and the infield was just a mass of brown. Not sure if it looked any different in person.

I agree that the flooding rains likely had a lot to do with it. I would bet that the timing - 30 hours ahead of time when the pitch is being prepared - was about the worst timing possible.

Here’s a nice non-tv shot of it. It was really bad.

161C6C06-FF0D-4799-898D-5C4E6478848D.jpeg

I'm all for it, shame the club into leaving Yankee stadium. I hope beyond hope that the yankees are a ground ball away from winning the wildcard and a bad hop from a divot of uneven grass costs them the game and the yankee fans revolt. I don't want to be in a baseball field anymore, wtf we are the shitty raiders of MLS.

Stupid question -- what do they actually do to the infield? Is that grass or just green spray covering? If it's grass, why can you sort of see through it?

It's grass. It's not that you can see through it, it's that it sometimes looks brown if it hasn't gotten enough sun. Those grass panels are rolled up and brought out for the games, so they're not normally getting any sun until they're unfurled on the field. You'll notice how good the grass always looks in the second game of a two-game homestand, that's because the grass has had time to get sun, so it gets greener.

In terms of design. Fuck Stratford City and big nest looking design. Screw a big shopping center.

On the other hand, a strong brick building with two levels of seating is honestly best. Its really best

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
Watching de Blasio on NY1 right now about newly-released emails with outside advisors regarding lobbying him.

Does Dante count as an outside adviser? Haven't seen him in an NYCFC kit in a while. What's up?

Reactions: Kjbert