Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So, I'm talking with the writer of the article on r/MLS and he posted what Katz's office sent out. It was just a PR packet with photos and the following text:

Superstar soccer player David Villa (c.), the captain of Major League Soccer’s New York City Football Club and a standout on Spain’s national soccer team, joined Councilmember Francisco Moya (l.) at a September 24th meeting with Queens Borough President Melinda Katz held to discuss the future of “The Beautiful Game” in “The World’s Borough.” One option that was discussed is a proposal to build a 10,000 to 25,000-seat soccer stadium in the Willets Point redevelopment area that would serve as home for the Queensboro Football Club, a proposed new team that would play in the United Soccer League, a second division professional league.

WHAT WERE THE OTHER OPTIONS DISCUSSED?!?!

if thats the area, doesnt it need years of approvals and development before a stadium actually being built there? i thought that was one of the downsides of the area.

In terms of acreage, what is the minimum realistic amount needed for a 10k stadium versus a 25-30k stadium? Is there big enough of a difference which would make a significant amount of potential sites work for USL but not MLS? Or is it only an acre or two difference?

In terms of acreage, what is the minimum realistic amount needed for a 10k stadium versus a 25-30k stadium? Is there big enough of a difference which would make a significant amount of potential sites work for USL but not MLS? Or is it only an acre or two difference?
You could do 10k with two midfield grandstands.

You could do 10k with two midfield grandstands.

Yup. Icahn Stadium is 5,000 with one grandstand. Just add another on the other side and maybe a few hundred seats on either end and you have yourself a nice 12,000 stadium with a good supporter's end and family end on the other side.

Yup. Icahn Stadium is 5,000 with one grandstand. Just add another on the other side and maybe a few hundred seats on either end and you have yourself a nice 12,000 stadium with a good supporter's end and family end on the other side.

i thought that stadiums field dimensions were too small like YS, the older version of it was good though i think

i thought that stadiums field dimensions were too small like YS, the older version of it was good though i think
You can't quite fit a soccer field inside the track but it's pretty close. Maybe a slightly smaller field though. A standard field'd fit in a stadium that size, just not with the track.

icahnfieldfit.png

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Those additional backers are definitely CFG. I think CFG feels have having a separate brand for the USL team may be more beneficial as it may attract more fans beyond what NYCFC brings in. Villa doesn't have the capital to support this endeavor himself. And there's probably some agreement between CFG and Villa when he was brought over about his future investment with the group in the US.

Not 100%.

Not sure CFG would have Bizzy Signals Entertainment park a domain for them. Then again, could be a coincidence that this domain is already owned? It was registered in May.

Not 100%.

Not sure CFG would have Bizzy Signals Entertainment park a domain for them. Then again, could be a coincidence that this domain is already owned? It was registered in May.
Probably not a straw man in the true sense, minority stake(?), because there’s no way CFG would want their finger prints on this while they’re looking for an NYCFC home.

Reactions: Kjbert
Dude, LionNYC LionNYC and I posited that higher up the thread....
Yeah. Just go back and read it. What is your problem?
First rule if stadium thread is....don't read more than the last few posts. Second rule ...there is no limit to the amount of times an idea or theory can be posted. Third rule is.... there are no more rules

First rule if stadium thread is....don't read more than the last few posts. Second rule ...there is no limit to the amount of times an idea or theory can be posted. Third rule is.... there are no more rules
I need a Venn diagram of these rules, incorporating a hedgehog, Frank Lampard's head, Frank Lampard jogging, and an RBA overlay.