Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
“Quoted for truth.” And that forum is so old that 1) “likes” are called “reps” and 2) I just tried to log in and it told me my AOL email address wasn't responding.
Yo, I still use my AOL account. Loyal old friend, it takes a bullet for me every time something "requires" an email to proceed. If you're gonna be talking smack about AOL, im'ma have ta fight ya, cause that's what true friends do.

Last edited:
No. The Yankees removed part of the bleachers because through research they believe millennials want a space to gather so they can post on social, enjoy food/drinks and not necessarily be tied to a seat. RB is just creating a similar space. A ton of teams throughout the major sports here in the states are doing the same thing.

Those areas they removed were also obstructed view seats, which were very unpopular. So they just got rid of them instead.

Reactions: Kjbert
Hey, remember when we thought we might get a piece of the Hudson Yards?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/13/new-york-hudson-yards-ultra-capitalist

"Hudson Yards, the biggest private real estate development in US history, may be slightly less offensive to the memory of Jane Jacobs than a freeway running through Greenwich Village, but not by much. As urban planning visions go, it is a familiar one: an ultracapitalist equivalent of the Forbidden City, a Chichen Itza with a better mall and slightly better-concealed human sacrifice. The development has been dubbed a “billionaire’s fantasy city”, but it is something more sinister than that. It is a billionaire’s reality city. The other 8.6 million of us are just character actors in this drama starring the most unbearable people you can imagine."​

The significance of that statement in comparison to other vague statements we've heard recently is the "active negotiations" part because that would, if taken literally, strongly imply that we are in specific negotiations with actual stakeholders in a particular site, rather than still searching for sites.
Still waiting for shovels.

Also, he said here in New York, which could be referencing the City, but not necessarily.

Last edited:
He didn't have to say anything about a stadium. He could have said something about Mitrita, or Brad Sims as the new President. But he talked about the stadium. This was a decision.

But why?

He didn't have to say anything about a stadium. He could have said something about Mitrita, or Brad Sims as the new President. But he talked about the stadium. This was a decision.

And when October rolls around I'm sure we'll hear it again. We've been through this before.

The one day I'm not watching Bloomberg. 4:30 mark on the video below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/vide...e-on-yes-network-and-future-of-baseball-video
Speaking of the YES Network,
fuck those guys. I assume it's their broadcast team producing the television feed from YS for our matches, and the feed yesterday was just godawful.

It was clear that the camera operators and the TD were completely ignorant of the idiom of televised soccer. All the framings were too tight so you could barely see a third of the pitch at one time and you had zero sense of how the teams were shaped or when runs were being made or if a particular pass was dangerous or just a bloop into no-man's-land. It was way over-edited, destroying any sense of the rhythm of play, constantly cutting to close shots of specific players wandering around the field. And this was the alternative to the A camera shot whipping back and forth across the pitch unable to follow the action.

On Treats' dangerous free kick, the TD had the closeup of Treats up both during the runup and after the kick, not cutting away until the ball had pinged off the crossbar!

I was so disgusted and distracted by what a horrible job the production team was doing that I could barely pay attention to the game for most of the first half.

So, for me, one important aspect of getting our stadium is installing a TV production team who can do justice to the sport. I watched this match sandwiched between Everton v Chelsea and Cincy v Timbers and the contrast in quality was glaring.