Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I’ve been saying the GAL site for 5 years now! think I can be quoted back in like page 7

Exactly.....not believing anything until I hear it directly from the club. I don't believe the whole unable to acquire all of the land needed deal....a bankrupt garage and an elevator company...not too difficult....but who knows, we will just have to wait and see...

from page 29

man, some of the early pages on this thread didn't age well... anyways, here's the first mention of the elevator/GAL site on this thread (page 7)
Oh well, another fantasy shot to hell:

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/artic...e-blasio-begins-dialogue-bronx-soccer-stadium

snip

^^^ Fair points that nobody denies. That's why they'll sit down and hammer out an agreement that will satisfy both parties. Reckon all those "fans" who believe in internet rumors are going to have to find something new to piss and moan about.

Reactions: Buckley
That shit never works. I do agree that finding another purpose for some of the garage(s) is a major plus. But nobody ever wants to visit an area just because it has hotels, a conference center, and 2 stadiums. That offers exactly nothing of interest for visitors. I'm also not aware of any cities that successfully keep 2 profit-making conference centers. Most that have one conference center lose money. Even if you plan to attend a game, the main benefit of this location is good transportation which works against having hotels there. There is no need to stay close by. Stay in a more interesting neighborhood and subway up.
I have long been curious -- if they do pick the GAL site -- to see how they solve the issues Seth raised. The obstacles are real and there will be trade-offs. This will be nobody's dream facility.
This will ultimately be the Yankees dream facility. The money and resources are there to make it happen. All in on GAL.

Reactions: Kjbert
Add to that the attendance numbers we had at Citi with short notice. I always assumed we’d schedule a few more matches in Citi over the last few seasons so they would have some more data to make a decision. I 100% agree that this GAL location just seems forced and the wrong decision.
What difference does it make to you (or any of us) how much extra expense and engineering goes into that particular site? Not really our problem, right?

Reactions: COLINMOUTH and JayH
What difference does it make to you (or any of us) how much extra expense and engineering goes into that particular site? Not really our problem, right?

I could care less about expense. Unless they charge more for tickets as a result. Whet i want is a packed stadium & an amazing gameday experience. And I’m not sure the GAL site gives us the best chance of that.

Fwiw (which of course could be nothing) someone on the NYCFC FB page:

Stadium News:

My source in City government said a deal was reached in principle by the City, State, CFG, Yankees and GAL to build the stadium where the elevator company is now. Essential, it is the same site they original talked about 7 years ago.

If everything goes according to plan, expect an announcement sometime in June.

My source did mention De Blasio can still be a dick and kill the deal.

Fwiw (which of course could be nothing) someone on the NYCFC FB page:

Stadium News:

My source in City government said a deal was reached in principle by the City, State, CFG, Yankees and GAL to build the stadium where the elevator company is now. Essential, it is the same site they original talked about 7 years ago.

If everything goes according to plan, expect an announcement sometime in June.

My source did mention De Blasio can still be a dick and kill the deal.

Which FB NYCFC group?

Reactions: Kjbert
One downfall I can see with the GAL site is the possibility of having to still work our schedule around the Yankees schedule. Even if we have our own facility the likelihood of having a Saturday home match on let’s say the same Saturday the Yankees have a home game are going to be slim to none. I doubt this will ever happen, still leaving us with a lot of weekday matches (more than any other club in the league)

One downfall I can see with the GAL site is the possibility of having to still work our schedule around the Yankees schedule. Even if we have our own facility the likelihood of having a Saturday home match on let’s say the same Saturday the Yankees have a home game are going to be slim to none. I doubt this will ever happen, still leaving us with a lot of weekday matches (more than any other club in the league)

I don't think it's that difficult. If the Yankees have a 1pm game you schedule for 6 or 7pm. Once we're out of there the Yankees schedule shouldn't dictate ours. Fuck 'em.

I think day game/night game no problem. If Mets can play during the Open...

Even if not same day, could still play same weekend

How long do we think the Yankees plan to hold their 20% stake in the franchise? My assumption was that the 20% deal was part of getting us Yankee Stadium, and beyond that the Yankees organization doesn't give a single shit about having a small piece of MLS.
Yankees are more than just a professional baseball team. I would be shocked if someone other than Legends Hospitality was running concessions and operations at our new stadium.

Yankees are more than just a professional baseball team. I would be shocked if someone other than Legends Hospitality was running concessions and operations at our new stadium.

There was talk from the club at those brainstorming sessions about not using Legends for their new stadium. They have heard our complaints the last 5 years. I believe if they only stayed in YS for 1-2 years and we got a stadium right away, there would have been a contract with Legends. I think now NYCFC realizes a partnership with them is not in their best interest.

There was talk from the club at those brainstorming sessions about not using Legends for their new stadium. They have heard our complaints the last 5 years. I believe if they only stayed in YS for 1-2 years and we got a stadium right away, there would have been a contract with Legends. I think now NYCFC realizes a partnership with them is not in their best interest.
I remember that. I agree the FO knows it, and I still think it's a 50-50.

How long do we think the Yankees plan to hold their 20% stake in the franchise? My assumption was that the 20% deal was part of getting us Yankee Stadium, and beyond that the Yankees organization doesn't give a single shit about having a small piece of MLS.

As long as they like the SUM and Expansion fees?