Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I could rant about how the field will be shit. I could rant about how the Yankees are letting a Red Sox owned team play in their stadium. I could rant about how the Yankees are minority owners of NYCFC and are signaling they don't care about NYCFC competing at the best possible conditions.

But it would all amount to peanuts. We're not even second class citizens to the Yankees. We're third, maybe even fourth.

I would probably cut out the second one, or at least edit it, the Red Sox don't own Liverpool just like Manchester City Football Club doesn't own NYCFC.

I could rant about how the field will be shit. I could rant about how the Yankees are letting a Red Sox owned team play in their stadium. I could rant about how the Yankees are minority owners of NYCFC and are signaling they don't care about NYCFC competing at the best possible conditions.

But it would all amount to peanuts. We're not even second class citizens to the Yankees. We're third, maybe even fourth.

How is this any different from when we have a double game week at home? In fact I'd argue this might make the field play better because it will have been set longer by the time we play.

A Red Sox-owned team plays in Yankee stadium at least 9 times each baseball season.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0190501-xavtjnvosbhq5fhzyxhtq66c7u-story.html

One insider told The News this week that parent club Manchester City and partner owners, the Yankees, still hope to make an announcement by the end of the season about a new stadium less than a mile south of Yankee Stadium. That would inject a fresh dose of needed energy. It’s not a done deal yet, however, and NYCFC has had its heart broken before on such matters.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0190501-xavtjnvosbhq5fhzyxhtq66c7u-story.html

One insider told The News this week that parent club Manchester City and partner owners, the Yankees, still hope to make an announcement by the end of the season about a new stadium less than a mile south of Yankee Stadium. That would inject a fresh dose of needed energy. It’s not a done deal yet, however, and NYCFC has had its heart broken before on such matters.

flip bondy? didnt they let him go? so now hes back at the daily news?

as for the tidbit, we all "hope" something happens too but we heard that many times before.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH

The ratings info was interesting. We only drew 120,000 eyes for the MNU match in a primetime spot to open their new stadium, while the average MLS match draws 250,000. What's going on here?

The ratings info was interesting. We only drew 120,000 eyes for the MNU match in a primetime spot to open their new stadium, while the average MLS match draws 250,000. What's going on here?
I don't mean to take away from your main point, because I think the ratings drop is definitely a valid data point, but I don't necessarily think the MNU match was a primetime spot. 5pm on a Saturday is a great home game time, but for TV, not all that great. And then throw in the Nets had a playoff game, NHL playoffs also going on, Tiger at the Masters, and Mets and Yankees both playing, there's a lot going on. I also understand that some of those games may not have been at the same time as the NYCFC game that Saturday, but the sheer quantity could just lead to an oversaturation of sports on tv.