Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I don’t know how to draw squares on pictures unless I have a crayon.

What’s above the train station? Looks like street level parking?
From a different perspective:
GAL-site-3D.png

And just as a reminder:

GAL-site-2018.png

So you’re eliminating E 153rd St and the bridge to the train station? Is that hard? Am I missing something?

So you’re eliminating E 153rd St and the bridge to the train station? Is that hard? Am I missing something?

You could probably keep the MTA overpass over some sort of plaza. Could be a nice feature if you cover it with large screens that show information or show the games live outside the stadium.

I don't think there's any way you can put a stadium in that location without eliminating 153rd. There's simply not enough room on either side of the street alone.

The reconfiguring of the Deegan off ramp could also give room for another plaza on River Ave as shown below.
Capture 2019-05-10 08_51_51.png

Last edited:
You could probably keep the MTA overpass over some sort of plaza. Could be a nice feature if you cover it with large screens that show information or show the games live outside the stadium.

I don't think there's any way you can put a stadium in that location without eliminating 153rd. There's simply not enough room on either side of the street alone.

The reconfiguring of the Deegan off ramp could also give room for another plaza on River Ave as shown below.
View attachment 9781

I mean this works right?

View attachment 9781

Based off of these, that means exit 4 off the deegan would go directly rupert, which would probably have upped prices, but would be incredibly close to the stadium, and would eliminate south access to deegan from it, but who cares. XD

It seems we've reached that part of the year where you come in and more than 80% of the new posts are stadium thread

The Etihad has a pedestrian bridge that goes over a highway to the rest of their campus.

What’s on the other wide of the Deegan? All the way to the left between the Deegan and water?

Existing Parking Lots. Will become a lot more popular if the stadium is built.

That's one thing that the public hasn't really thought about, but you know the politicians will be. Taking out the 153rd street garage won't just solve the financial problem for that garage, but it will take supply off the market and help the finances of all the parking options around it.

Existing Parking Lots. Will become a lot more popular if the stadium is built.

That's one thing that the public hasn't really thought about, but you know the politicians will be. Taking out the 153rd street garage won't just solve the financial problem for that garage, but it will take supply off the market and help the finances of all the parking options around it.

Who uses that now? How do they get to the other side now?

A few things to keep in mind - most people already know most of this, but it's good context.

NYCFC was very close on this site before. In 2013, there were plans to build a stadium there, with a size reported to be 25,000 - 30,000 - the NY Post said 28,000. So, the work has been done to figure out whether we can build there and how large. The NY Times reported that 153rd street would close and that the exit ramp off the Degan would have to be moved.

The street where Rupert Plaza Garage exits is at the end of 153rd, but it is technically 157th street. My guess is that it would not have to be closed.

Further, you will see on some maps that "157th Street" runs in between the parking garage and Heritage Field Park. In reality, that is where 157th Street used to be, but now it is just a walkway. I would imagine that any Stadium project would involve expanding that a bit into a larger pedestrian plaza. Next to it is a part of Heritage Field Park that is now just underused green space and walkways. It could presumably be used to expand a plaza area, although that would doubtless be controversial.

The train station is an impediment, but there are ways to make it work. The tracks and platforms are already very low, and it should be easy to at least have an upper deck fly some distance out over the tracks, assuming the MTA will agree.

The bridge that runs from the train station to Heritage Field Park is just to get pedestrians over the GAL factory and parking lot. If our Stadium is there, it wouldn't be necessary, as you could have pedestrians exit onto whatever plaza takes the place of that parking lot.

The iconic bat that used to sit near the main entrance to the old Yankee Stadium now sits at the exit to that pedestrian bridge. Preserving that might be a challenge.

https://nypost.com/2013/12/10/bronx-scores-400m-soccer-stadium/

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/30/...al-would-give-the-yankees-a-new-neighbor.html

Are you talking about for the MNR? That white building over the tracks, directly under the train symbol on the map posted by Jon Jon connects all of the tracks. It could let out directly into the proposed plaza.

Right. Basically, the pedestrian walkway extends all the way past the station itself and has stairs on the far side. People parking on that side of the tracks, including in Ali's Lot, can use them to access the station and the bridge to get across. That part would not be affected by the new Stadium.

A few things to keep in mind - most people already know most of this, but it's good context.

NYCFC was very close on this site before. In 2013, there were plans to build a stadium there, with a size reported to be 25,000 - 30,000 - the NY Post said 28,000. So, the work has been done to figure out whether we can build there and how large. The NY Times reported that 153rd street would close and that the exit ramp off the Degan would have to be moved.

The street where Rupert Plaza Garage exits is at the end of 153rd, but it is technically 157th street. My guess is that it would not have to be closed.

Further, you will see on some maps that "157th Street" runs in between the parking garage and Heritage Field Park. In reality, that is where 157th Street used to be, but now it is just a walkway. I would imagine that any Stadium project would involve expanding that a bit into a larger pedestrian plaza. Next to it is a part of Heritage Field Park that is now just underused green space and walkways. It could presumably be used to expand a plaza area, although that would doubtless be controversial.

The train station is an impediment, but there are ways to make it work. The tracks and platforms are already very low, and it should be easy to at least have an upper deck fly some distance out over the tracks, assuming the MTA will agree.

The bridge that runs from the train station to Heritage Field Park is just to get pedestrians over the GAL factory and parking lot. If our Stadium is there, it wouldn't be necessary, as you could have pedestrians exit onto whatever plaza takes the place of that parking lot.

The iconic bat that used to sit near the main entrance to the old Yankee Stadium now sits at the exit to that pedestrian bridge. Preserving that might be a challenge.

https://nypost.com/2013/12/10/bronx-scores-400m-soccer-stadium/

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/30/...al-would-give-the-yankees-a-new-neighbor.html

I didn't follow the team back then, and had no idea. It is right at the intersection of depressing and reassuring, that they may have come full circle almost 6 years later.