Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Rumor is that Rocco is interested in buying NJ Red Bulls.
I could get behind that move for MLS if he rebrands to the Kosmos. He’s a big enough DB that he could maybe make some waves among the frugal owners, and if he opens his wallet and wins, especially against us, maybe it will light a fire under our owners to rethink their less-than-expected CFG spending.

Rumor is that Rocco is interested in buying NJ Red Bulls.

lol so this is how it ends. Cosmos come back but would their fans come over to the "dark side" of single entity. After all these years of keyboard warriors talking about Pro/Rel and mentioning the cosmos as the forefront of that battle, i guess they all become detroit city fans.

EDIT: this kills the whole academy set up since that was all RB's work.

I could get behind that move for MLS if he rebrands to the Kosmos. He’s a big enough DB that he could maybe make some waves among the frugal owners, and if he opens his wallet and wins, especially against us, maybe it will light a fire under our owners to rethink their less-than-expected CFG spending.

but will he spend wisely? im sure he will spend more with fiorentina than Cosmos.

The only reason he would do it is to be a prick and begin a lengthy legal battle over the MLS structure.

MLS owners will NEVER approve the sale.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
Commisso tried to buy AC Milan and failed. Also tried to buy his way into MLS and failed. Think the Fiorentina deal is done & he's still hungry. Can't see a Cosmos team drawing better than Redbulls, but I think it would be interesting.

Reactions: Kjbert
Razor thin margin between Caban vs. Katz for Queens DA. Victor won't be official tonight.

Even though it's likely going to the Bronx, Caban is more anti-stadium based on other political issues than Katz who is pro-soccer stadium in Queens.

Razor thin margin between Caban vs. Katz for Queens DA. Victor won't be official tonight.

Even though it's likely going to the Bronx, Caban is more anti-stadium based on other political issues than Katz who is pro-soccer stadium in Queens.
It's the DA position, so definitely not an issue either way unless they’re investigating the process for fraud or bribery or something else questionable and sinister about the approvals and construction.

It's the DA position, so definitely not an issue either way unless they’re investigating the process for fraud or bribery or something else questionable and sinister about the approvals and construction.

"But the land should be used for affordable housing." - Progressives

"Progressive DA launches investigation into Abu Dhabi based ownership group, known for slave labor and human rights abuses, of soccer team building stadium in Queens." - Leftist Website Headline

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
Has Hudson yards been brought up as a possibility? A lot of NYCFC brass were at an event there tonight.

Reactions: Kjbert
Has Hudson yards been brought up as a possibility? A lot of NYCFC brass were at an event there tonight.

Oh, what was the event? Who did you see?

And by God no. That Manhattan real estate is going to be put towards more financially profitable uses like a commercial, residential, mixed use tower. Hudson Yards was proposed already for a stadium and that was shot down during the early Bloomberg administration. It was to be the Jets Stadium and centerpiece of the NYC 2012 Olympic bid.

Reactions: Shwafta and JohnB
yeah that's my thought. If you do the work legit, no need for a DA to get involved. If anything we want Katz to stay boro prez. That I think is favorable outcome somewhat.

Reactions: Christopher Jee