Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
And rightfully so. Call me a masochist but wouldn’t it be grand that the one and only time I’ve won a spot at one of these things, something awesome comes of it?

Oh Colin, you hopeful, hopeful man.

giphy.gif

Legends isn't bad except for their prices. But when you consider you get , what, 24oz of beer for 13$, and all the other places do a 12oz pour for $6, you don't feel too bad. I've yet to have something at Yankee Stadium that I didn't like, and the bacon on a stick is still my #1 go-to in any weather. Beer options are a bit limited, but I don't know many stadiums that are selling Heady Topper, either.

Anyone go to the Liverpool game yesterday? Curious how the atmosphere was. Watched Klopp talk about it not being a symmetrical pitch but liked playing there, except he can't say too many nice things because they are with the Red Sox.

Curious how the atmosphere was. Watched Klopp talk about it not being a symmetrical pitch but liked playing there, except he can't say too many nice things because they are with the Red Sox.
I get the sense that Jurgen Klopp isn’t looking to be careful about what he says about the stadium of the rival of a team in a different country and a different sport that happens to share the same owner as his.

Anyone go to the Liverpool game yesterday? Curious how the atmosphere was. Watched Klopp talk about it not being a symmetrical pitch but liked playing there, except he can't say too many nice things because they are with the Red Sox.
was amazing, to be honest. 30k reds and it was rocking! Even just the few Sporting fans made SUCH a noise. It was worth it just for the YNWA at the beginning.
WTF does that mean? It's narrow, but it's not an irregular quadrangle.
I think he's talking about how one side has the mound which gets covered up, so it's not 'symmetrical' in that some areas of the field are better to play on than others

Do you have a link to a video of it?

was amazing, to be honest. 30k reds and it was rocking! Even just the few Sporting fans made SUCH a noise. It was worth it just for the YNWA at the beginning.

I think he's talking about how one side has the mound which gets covered up, so it's not 'symmetrical' in that some areas of the field are better to play on than others

Yeah I was really surprised by that little Sporting section. They were loud AF.

It was a cool experience. It was my first time seeing European football. Obviously, I know it’s far better quality than what we typically get with MLS but it’s a whole other thing to see it in person.

Probably that the pitch doesn’t sit squarely within the boundaries of the stands. Lost in translation from German->British->American
I am guessing this is it. It's the stands being at odd angles that can throw the players off and make it hard for them to realize when they're offside, for instance.

Of course, the Men in Blazers used to joke that our field is actually a trapezoid...

I am guessing this is it. It's the stands being at odd angles that can throw the players off and make it hard for them to realize when they're offside, for instance.

Of course, the Men in Blazers used to joke that our field is actually a trapezoid...

Pretty much how I took it.

I get the sense that Jurgen Klopp isn’t looking to be careful about what he says about the stadium of the rival of a team in a different country and a different sport that happens to share the same owner as his.

Whelp, SoupInNYC SoupInNYC turns out Jurgen literally says exactly this:

Watched Klopp talk about it not being a symmetrical pitch but liked playing there, except he can't say too many nice things because they are with the Red Sox.
That last 'except...' was literally part of Jurgen's quote, not Nick speculating about Jurgen LOL

Reactions: NickA and SoupInNYC
I'm actually getting free legends tickets for a Yankees game. Are there any musts that are softly kosher. (Basically, anything that isn't meat or shellfish)

Reactions: Kjbert