Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here are the weekend dates for which Yankee Stadium is available for us in 2020, according to what Lion and Adam put together in the 2020 Schedule thread. These only cover the baseball season, so anything in February or March is extra.

1. Sat 3/28 or Sun 3/28
2. Sun 4/12
3. Sun 5/3
4. Sat 5/16 or Sun 5/17
5. Sun 5/31
6. Sun 6/14
7. Sat 7/4
8. Sat 8/29 or Sun 8/30
9. Sat 9/5 or Sun 9/6

Here are the additional weekends that Citi Field would open up.

1. Sat-Sun 4/4-5
2. Sun 4/25
3. Sat-Sun 5/9-10
4. Sun 5/24
5. Sat 6/27
6. Sat-Sun 7/11-12
7. Sun 7/25
8. Sat 8/8
9. Sat-Sun 8/22-23
10. Sat 9/12
11. Sat-Sun 9/26-27

There isn't a single available weekend at Citi Field that overlaps with an available weekend at Yankee Stadium.
Yankees and Mets are not in town together unless they play each other, done by design. So that makes sense.

Here are the weekend dates for which Yankee Stadium is available for us in 2020, according to what Lion and Adam put together in the 2020 Schedule thread. These only cover the baseball season, so anything in February or March is extra.

1. Sat 3/28 or Sun 3/28
2. Sun 4/12
3. Sun 5/3
4. Sat 5/16 or Sun 5/17
5. Sun 5/31
6. Sun 6/14
7. Sat 7/4
8. Sat 8/29 or Sun 8/30
9. Sat 9/5 or Sun 9/6

Here are the additional weekends that Citi Field would open up.

1. Sat-Sun 4/4-5
2. Sun 4/25
3. Sat-Sun 5/9-10
4. Sun 5/24
5. Sat 6/27
6. Sat-Sun 7/11-12
7. Sun 7/25
8. Sat 8/8
9. Sat-Sun 8/22-23
10. Sat 9/12
11. Sat-Sun 9/26-27

There isn't a single available weekend at Citi Field that overlaps with an available weekend at Yankee Stadium.

Okay - But what about FIFA dates? How many are there after we eliminate that?

Reactions: Kjbert
So, Yankee Stadium has 8 available weekends and Citi Field has 11 available weekends - not including games in March and April.

giphy.gif
And to compare to this current season:
  • There were 2 weekend games played before the start of the baseball season
  • There were 7 weekend (Saturday & Sunday) games played during the baseball season
  • There was 1 Friday game played during the baseball season (in case you wanted to lump this with "weekend" above
  • There were 7 weekday games played during the baseball season
If there is no split with Citi Field, we can expect a very similar breakdown for next season.

And to compare to this current season:
  • There were 2 weekend games played before the start of the baseball season
  • There were 7 weekend (Saturday & Sunday) games played during the baseball season
  • There was 1 Friday game played during the baseball season (in case you wanted to lump this with "weekend" above
  • There were 7 weekday games played during the baseball season
If there is no split with Citi Field, we can expect a very similar breakdown for next season.

giphy.gif

ah let's not forget, we'll have 2 extra home games next season with the expansion sides joining the league. Oh, and I know this is the wrong thread, but thinking about 2 expansion sides joining in one year makes me worry they'll take some of our depth in the expansion draft... ugh. (oh and we're getting 2 more games for our season ticket.. justified price hike?)

also, since we won't have a stadium by 2022, add on Austin FC in 2021 and St Louis in 2022 as more games we'll have to find time for...

congested schedules are going to become a regular thing.

ah let's not forget, we'll have 2 extra home games next season with the expansion sides joining the league. Oh, and I know this is the wrong thread, but thinking about 2 expansion sides joining in one year makes me worry they'll take some of our depth in the expansion draft... ugh. (oh and we're getting 2 more games for our season ticket.. justified price hike?)

also, since we won't have a stadium by 2022, add on Austin FC in 2021 and St Louis in 2022 as more games we'll have to find time for...

i really think we will start playing certain east teams once a year as well to make space for the new teams. so we may play miami once , maybe at miami first year and then at home the following year like we do with west coast teams. no way we keep going up in games

I don't believe they're going to go beyond 34 matches. Eventually they'll split into 4 divisions and you'll rotate opponents.

Why would we have two extra home games?

Did I miss something about the number of games being played jumping up to 38 next year?

Can't they only take 1 player from after our first 10 are protected?

who knows any more, they keep changing the rules. i think if all teams are available then maybe up to two

Or none and just give extra GAM to sign players on their own. Expansion drafts are dumb, especially when there's a world of talented players out there. If it's domestic players you're worried about, suspend those rules for 1-2 seasons for those teams till they can stock their roster.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Or none and just give extra GAM to sign players on their own. Expansion drafts are dumb, especially when there's a world of talented players out there. If it's domestic players you're worried about, suspend those rules for 1-2 seasons for those teams till they can stock their roster.

the rumor was that the one for cincy was the last one and the new teams were going to get extra GAM etc but again, you never know with MLS

Please take Ben Sweat

We could get killed in an expansion draft.

My projected 10 protected:

Maxi (FA) Parks (Loan over) Ofori (FA) Sands (HG) Haak (HG) Scally (HG)
1. Mitri, 2. Johnson, 3. Isi, 4. Ring, 5. Taty, 6. Callens, 7. Chanot, 8. Tin, 9. Heber, 10. Mata/GMS

Exposed:
GMS/Mata
Miller
JPT
Medina
Baraza
Rocha
Seba
Stuver
Sweat

Edited thanks to Ulrich Ulrich regarding HGs

Last edited:
Don't want to quote everyone above who responded to my post... so i'll just answer here.

I wasn't aware that MLS was limiting games to 34 and just scheduling things differently next year. IF this is the case, please point me to the published article that outlines the new schedule for 2020. I assumed with 2 new teams next year in the East, we'd get 2 additional home games but now that I think about it, it wouldn't really make much sense if we had to play a total of 4 additional games in the east vs only 2 additional games if you're from the west.

Anyway, I just thought they're be additional games to worry about considering there are more teams to worry about. Whether or not they're splitting the conferences into divisions, I think it's a bit early for them to do that, especially with Garber looking to expand to 30 teams.

In regards to the expansion draft, i have no idea what the rules are, but protecting only 10 of our players isn't much. there are still plenty of others who could be taken and that would just piss me off.

Maxi (FA) Parks (Loan over) Ofori (FA)
1. Mitri, 2. Johnson, 3. Isi, 4. Ring, 5. Taty, 6. Callens, 7. Chanot, 8. Tin, 9. Heber, 10. Sands

Exposed:
GMS
Haak
Miller
JPT
Medina
Scally
Baraza
Rocha
Seba
Stuver
Sweat
Mata
Hg are protected.

Maxi (FA) Parks (Loan over) Ofori (FA)
1. Mitri, 2. Johnson, 3. Isi, 4. Ring, 5. Taty, 6. Callens, 7. Chanot, 8. Tin, 9. Heber, 10. Sands

Exposed:
GMS
Haak
Miller
JPT
Medina
Scally
Baraza
Rocha
Seba
Stuver
Sweat