Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So, Yankee Stadium has 8 available weekends and Citi Field has 11 available weekends - not including games in March and April.

giphy.gif
And February

Reactions: Kjbert
I've seen in multiple places that teams can protect 12 players. They have not announced how many players need to be domestic.

Whoops! Sorry, I meant February and March. April was obviously included.

Still, I find it very interesting that Citi Field has several more weekends available than Yankee Stadium.

Part of this could have to do with the fact that the Yankees play 10 home games on Mondays while the Mets only play 7. Maybe the Yankees schedule those Monday games with MLB so it limits the number of weekends available to NYCFC.

The last Princeton-Dartmouth game drew 8k in NJ. So it's basically Red Bulls hosting the Revs.

Lehigh-Lafayette (a comparable college football game) draws around 16,000 per season. When it was at Yankee Stadium it sold 48,256 tickets.

What the fuck is wrong with people.
Really. What could possibly compel people to attend a pair of strong, liberal arts and research institutions in Pennsylvania, later move to the greater NYC metro area, and then attend the 150th gala annual meeting of two teams who have played without interruption since 1884. It's sick, isn't it.

This “building together” campaign really bugs me. Even if it’s supposed to be a wink-wink drum-up to an announcement (which is where I think this is going), they really should have saved it for after the press conference. These coy hints are more annoying than encouraging.
I would have been OK with it if they announced with 3-6 months. On a generous day I'd say 12. But I think it started last year at renewal time.

Reactions: Kjbert

This “building together” campaign really bugs me. Even if it’s supposed to be a wink-wink drum-up to an announcement (which is where I think this is going), they really should have saved it for after the press conference. These coy hints are more annoying than encouraging.

Are we really convinced that the "building together" marketing campaign is a hint hint nudge nudge at an impending stadium announcement? Could it be that they are that daft and delusional that they didn't make that association at all when they came up with it and the reality is their true intent behind the campaign was simply the meaning of taking the steps to make NYC the soccer capital of the world?

As you mentioned, it's been a year long campaign. for them to be so confident in a stadium announcement to run a campaign hinting toward it all year long, you'd think there would be more significant leaks and/or rumors by now. But here we are with absolutely nothing but promises and smoke screens. An entire year with this campaign with the intent of hinting toward an impending stadium announcement seems way too long to me. should have been something they started WITH the announcement cause there's no way we're gonna be a world soccer capital without our own home.

Really. What could possibly compel people to attend a pair of strong, liberal arts and research institutions in Pennsylvania, later move to the greater NYC metro area, and then attend the 150th gala annual meeting of two teams who have played without interruption since 1884. It's sick, isn't it.
I'm just being snarky because football bores the everloving shit out of me, second only to baseball on the ZZZZZZ scale. I get that wide swathes of the public have terrible taste in entertainment. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
So this week came and went and the supposed news is zilch...... not surprised and par for the course....

[There is a motion on the floor from the feathered gentleman from Brooklyn]

{clears throat} NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan please flag all future posts, of whomever started that rumor, as dark comedy.

There's nothing more infuriating to me than the "building together" slogan from this year. What's it going to be next season? "Constructing our future"?!

There's nothing more infuriating to me than the "building together" slogan from this year. What's it going to be next season? "Constructing our future"?!
Scoop, Muck and Dizzy, and Roley too
Lofty and Wendy join the crew
Bob and the gang have so much fun
Working together they get the job done

Pilchard and Bird, Travis and Spud
Playing together like good friends should

i dont know why you all getting caught up with this, this was all meant to say to "build" the team with the multi year contracts to johnson ring, callens and otherw as well as "building" academy and signing them to first team. "building" the club is what they meant. IF a stadium is announced then thats just added bonus, dickish move to call it that, but its not to far fetched.

Last edited:
i dont know why you all getting caught with this, this was wall mean to "build" the team with the multi year contracts to johnson ring, callens and other as well as "building" academy and signing them to first team. "building" the club is what they meant. IF a stadium is announced then thats just added bonus, dickish move to call it that, but its not to far fetched.

Exactly what I was trying to say but you put it more succinctly.