Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Figured nycfc would have announced playoff tickets and plans by now... I can’t imagine they’re waiting for the Yankees schedule to finalize since I’m sure the Yankees have given them a blanket “fuck off” for all of October. Maybe just waiting for the Mets to finally get eliminated before announcing Citi field?

it'll be nice when it is measured and confirmed to be what we say it is and then they'll fall back on their.. "you still play in a baseball stadium.. ewww" insults.
And they play on plastic, which severely endangered their prize asset this past weekend. The Martinez fall was awkward AF, but would have been much less of an issue on Grass. They are lucky his ligaments didn’t pop.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Figured nycfc would have announced playoff tickets and plans by now... I can’t imagine they’re waiting for the Yankees schedule to finalize since I’m sure the Yankees have given them a blanket “fuck off” for all of October. Maybe just waiting for the Mets to finally get eliminated before announcing Citi field?

You gotta believe!

The Union sent out emails yesterday. It has to be the stadium situation holding up NYCFC, and you're probably right that at this point we're waiting on the Mets.

The Union sent out emails yesterday. It has to be the stadium situation holding up NYCFC, and you're probably right that at this point we're waiting on the Mets.

Keep you TVs tuned to Mets-Marlins and Brewers-Reds for your NYCFC playoff update tonight.

97C03C0B-CDD0-4069-90D2-D8C5913773A2.jpeg

They may also be waiting for tonight’s MLS results to see if they are even bothering with the first round.

They may also be waiting for tonight’s MLS results to see if they are even bothering with the first round.
Maybe, but both the Union and NYCFC use the pay-as-you-go method for playoff tickets, so there's no real need to wait. You buy a strip and the club only charges you as each game is certain to happen.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Keep you TVs tuned to Mets-Marlins and Brewers-Reds for your NYCFC playoff update tonight.

View attachment 10285

If the Mets lose or brewers win, it’s over. Hopefully that happens and we get emails tonight, or tomorrow.

Just the amount of people on the forum that have said they'll be going to games in Citi, makes me hope we'll see a lot of other people too 'giving it another shot'. Can you imagine 25k in Citi field? All I remember from Citi was that the atmosphere with less people felt like a LOT more.
...Also, if we switch to Citi field, that's perfect... City football group... Plus. no more yankees ownership would mean (probably) more orange? :3 I have a weird feeling that the lack of orange is due to yankees ownership being like 'ew no mets'

Im tired of the crappy Yankee Stadium atmosphere. Citi Field would be fresh and new to me. Would end up going to 3x the number of games, I'd guess.

Replying to my own message because adam adam liked it; running with this rumor, I'd have to say it takes some wind out of QBFC's sails. They'd feel less like an independent, neighborhood team if they're sharing a venue with NYCFC.

Then again, let's be real, Willet's point will permanently flood before a stadium gets built.

Just the amount of people on the forum that have said they'll be going to games in Citi, makes me hope we'll see a lot of other people too 'giving it another shot'. Can you imagine 25k in Citi field? All I remember from Citi was that the atmosphere with less people felt like a LOT more.
...Also, if we switch to Citi field, that's perfect... City football group... Plus. no more yankees ownership would mean (probably) more orange? :3 I have a weird feeling that the lack of orange is due to yankees ownership being like 'ew no mets'

An all orange secondary would be an amazing commemoration of a Citi move.

Replying to my own message because adam adam liked it; running with this rumor, I'd have to say it takes some wind out of QBFC's sails. They'd feel less like an independent, neighborhood team if they're sharing a venue with NYCFC.

Then again, let's be real, Willet's point will permanently flood before a stadium gets built.

I don’t think you can fault the neighborhood team for teaming up with a multi-national conglomerate to reduce stadium costs in NYC (where it’s almost impossible to get stadiums built). Allowing them to share a top notch facility and maybe even training grounds and creating a NYC soccer hub of sorts in the process.

According to the batshit crazy Atlanta United fans, this is how our undersized field will get exposed. They’ll measure it and then tell the world.

Because Concacaf will never tolerate some kind of underhanded chicanery.

lol liga mx teams dont even want to play these CCL games, they complain of having to play this tournament not the fields. Central american/ carribbean teams honestly to some of them its already neat to play in US and then in a "world known" stadium such as yankee stadium you will see them taking selfies and stuff.

concacaf still lets games take place in stadiums still in construction or falling apart, the YS ( or even citi field) field wont be an issue

EDIT: assuming of course we play the games in Yankee Stadium

lol liga mx teams dont even want to play these CCL games, they complain of having to play this tournament not the fields. Central american/ carribbean teams honestly to some of them its already neat to play in US and then in a "world known" stadium such as yankee stadium you will see them taking selfies and stuff.

concacaf still lets games take place in stadiums still in construction or falling apart, the YS ( or even citi field) field wont be an issue

EDIT: assuming of course we play the games in Yankee Stadium

problem with CCL is the only two leagues that really matter are Liga MX and MLS. Add to that the fact that the seasons for each league do not line up in any way makes for uneven competition. While the Liga MX teams are fighting for spots on the table, MLS teams are just starting to get into match fitness. Unlike UEFA, where most euro leagues start around the same time and everyone is somewhat around the same point in their schedule.

With leagues cup, it's the opposite. Liga MX is just starting their apertura so of course they bring their top talent while MLS teams are fighting for a playoff spot.

anyway... sorry for off topic

I am curious though - what makes citi field "fresh and new" to everyone saying so. I've only been there once for the one NYCFC game a couple years ago and don't quite remember the experience too well. other than it is smaller, so less attendance may seem like a larger crowd..

problem with CCL is the only two leagues that really matter are Liga MX and MLS. Add to that the fact that the seasons for each league do not line up in any way makes for uneven competition. While the Liga MX teams are fighting for spots on the table, MLS teams are just starting to get into match fitness. Unlike UEFA, where most euro leagues start around the same time and everyone is somewhat around the same point in their schedule.

With leagues cup, it's the opposite. Liga MX is just starting their apertura so of course they bring their top talent while MLS teams are fighting for a playoff spot.

I am curious though - what makes citi field "fresh and new" to everyone saying so. I've only been there once for the one NYCFC game a couple years ago and don't quite remember the experience too well. other than it is smaller, so less attendance may seem like a larger crowd..
I think just the different venue will invigorate fans at first, especially ones who live closer to Queens. It is a more intimate park I think but I think most of the initial buzz will be just a change of scenery

i think the whole first part was meant for the leagues cup 2020 thread.

as for Citi Field its more closed in. the whole stadium was chanting VAR prior to the penalty given. the supporters sound louder because of the roof above them from section above. it sounds louder at least to me. there was a rumor that the field could of been extended a bit more to make it more "regulation size" but looking at the dimensions not sure if that was true.

EDIT: its actually more of a pain in the ass for me to go. especially on weekdays on that 7 Train ?? oof brutal

there was a rumor that the field could of been extended a bit more to make it more "regulation size" but looking at the dimensions not sure if that was true.

EDIT: its actually more of a pain in the ass for me to go. especially on weekdays on that7 Train ?? oof brutal

How would they extend the field? they'd have to rotate the field and remove the mound if they were to create a larger field. would be cool. especially if the mets are done and we'd have the stadium for all of the playoffs, which better damn well be more than one game long.

feel ya on the weekday 7 train. at least going home, MTA will probably run extra trains? hope so.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
How would they extend the field? they'd have to rotate the field and remove the mound if they were to create a larger field. would be cool. especially if the mets are done and we'd have the stadium for all of the playoffs, which better damn well be more than one game long.

feel ya on the weekday 7 train. at least going home, MTA will probably run extra trains? hope so.

i think on the side of the benches, ( upper part in pic) they could extend a couple more yards.

FullSizeRender-12-1038x576.jpg

Reactions: adam