Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I am curious though - what makes citi field "fresh and new" to everyone saying so. I've only been there once for the one NYCFC game a couple years ago and don't quite remember the experience too well. other than it is smaller, so less attendance may seem like a larger crowd..

For food and beer alone Citi is miles ahead of YS. And that’s not even counting Mikkeller pre-game.

Sight lines too seemed better from what I remembered from the CLB game.

i think on the side of the benches, ( upper part in pic) they could extend a couple more yards.

FullSizeRender-12-1038x576.jpg
From the match recap that day:
On a beautiful Fall day in Queens, the 20,113 fans present were treated to a wild start, with Columbus and NYC trading goals inside the first 20 minutes.

There were 20,000 fans there. Look at how much more full the bottom tier of the stadium does with 20,000 than yankee stadium does.

From the match recap that day:
On a beautiful Fall day in Queens, the 20,113 fans present were treated to a wild start, with Columbus and NYC trading goals inside the first 20 minutes.

There were 20,000 fans there. Look at how much more full the bottom tier of the stadium does with 20,000 than yankee stadium does.

that's cause in YS they open up the 200 sections as well so fans are spread across the bottom tier and the second tier (which is where I sit). obviously, if YS limited seats to just the 1st tier, it'd be a lot fuller. but 1st tier is also where the seats cost an arm and a leg. If we switch to Citi on a somewhat permanent basis, i would imagine they'd do the same pricing structure and the "fuller" look would be much like what it is at YS

Reactions: Shwafta
Sight lines at Citi Field were a lot better. Some of the players even enjoyed how intimate and close the crowd felt. The food and drinks are better at Citi and the place is just much more family friendly. But the commute would suck for some especially the people who have gotten used to coming to The Bronx.

Sight lines at Citi Field were a lot better. Some of the players even enjoyed how intimate and close the crowd felt. The food and drinks are better at Citi and the place is just much more family friendly. But the commute would suck for some especially the people who have gotten used to coming to The Bronx.

guess i need to re-experience citi field. i was at that CLB game but i don't remember it at all. old age damn it!

lol. i would hope they'd bump the golf thing for an MLS cup. but who knows.

central park - great lawn. metal bleachers trucked in for about 20k capacity. confirmed.

i doubt it, im sure there are corporate sponsors involved and stuff, plus it starts on the 8th so a three day event.

Reactions: Kjbert
that's cause in YS they open up the 200 sections as well so fans are spread across the bottom tier and the second tier (which is where I sit). obviously, if YS limited seats to just the 1st tier, it'd be a lot fuller. but 1st tier is also where the seats cost an arm and a leg. If we switch to Citi on a somewhat permanent basis, i would imagine they'd do the same pricing structure and the "fuller" look would be much like what it is at YS

Citi holds 18k on the field level. If they also open up the club level the it's 25,800. That's probably perfect from a total capacity standpoint if we expect a boost to the same levels as a first couple seasons.

Screenshot 2019-09-25 11.07.47.png

Wahhh! It's not regulation size. (It is.)
Wahhh! The angles are terrible. (Not everywhere.)
Wahhh! It's a baseball field. (It's grass, better than turf.)
Wahhh! It's unfair. (Other teams have won there.)

People need to get over it. It's the only thing they complain about when they talk about NYCFC. Not the players, not the coaching, not the ownership. A FIFA regulation sized soccer field at a stadium that is conveniently located with parking and mass transit.