Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
CCL games will get lower attendance that our non-weekend MLS regular season games, unless it's the late knockout rounds.
I doubt that - there will be a ton of immigrants and recent NYers with roots in the oppositions' countries that will fill out attendance. In many ways, that's a bigger draw than another MLS team.

Reactions: adam and Fabio
I doubt that - there will be a ton of immigrants and recent NYers with roots in the oppositions' countries that will fill out attendance. In many ways, that's a bigger draw than another MLS team.

I think LigaMX is is only league where that would apply. Look at historic attendance for CCL around the league.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, though it's nothing more than my personal thought (I've had no one even mention it to me) I think a ground share with the Jets would be perfect.

It's no secret they wanted a New York City stadium, and they can opt out in 2025. Lots of stadiums now will have
I think there's plenty of fans of European football that don't come out simply because of the stigma of matches being played on a jerry-rigged baseball field. SSS would increase attendance irrespective of performance. Solid performance would only further increase it
I was speaking to this older Albanian guy during the Euro tournament and we got on the topic of MLS. He said he likes NYCFC but wouldn't go to any games until they've left Yankee Stadium. Lots of people out there mention playing in Yankee Stadium as one of the reasons they won't go.

Reactions: adam and sbrylski
I think LigaMX is is only league where that would apply. Look at historic attendance for CCL around the league.
Don't discount people with ties to the Caribbean- if a Jamaican team is in it, there will be a ton of support in NYC. Same with Trinadad. I bet Costa Rica also has a strong showing.

Reactions: adam
Not every team has a Year 2 drop. Orlando is up from 32,847 to 33,335.

Our drop this year is a bit mystifying to me. Our attendance grew as last season went on, even as the novelty wore off and our playoff chances went down the drain. We even drew over 34,000 for our last game against New England when all hope was lost.

I agree. I love the CCL. Can you imagine the turnout if we played Club America or ANY Liga MX team. Think about the number of Mexicans in this City. Just take the #7 to Corona during the gold cup. It would be a sellout, bigger than when we play NJ.

Reactions: Lasker
Don't discount people with ties to the Caribbean- if a Jamaican team is in it, there will be a ton of support in NYC. Same with Trinadad. I bet Costa Rica also has a strong showing.
W Connection from Trinidad has qualified and faced RBNJ @RBA & Giants Stadium. Nobody went....for either team.

*Edited* the tickets for the 2009 match were free for RB STH's and $10 for non STH
"The match was played before an announced crowd of 6,549, but far less were in attendance."

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
I haven't looked at the historic attendance around the league, but how many of the MLS teams have diversity such as NYC? Maybe LA? I'm not sure what their CCL attendance figures look like for hosting Central American teams.

Reactions: robert hobson
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, though it's nothing more than my personal thought (I've had no one even mention it to me) I think a ground share with the Jets would be perfect.

I remember the Jets went in on the West Side Stadium project (to be located next to Javitts), before they went in 50/50 with the Giants for MetLife Stadium.

Even if we wait for the Jets to opt out, no one (CFG, the Yankees or MLS) will put up with NYCFC playing in Yankees Stadium through 2025. We need a stadium well before that.

W Connection from Trinidad has qualified and faced RBNJ @RBA & Giants Stadium. Nobody went....for either team.

*Edited* the tickets for the 2009 match were free for RB STH's and $10 for non STH
"The match was played before an announced crowd of 6,549, but far less were in attendance."

Does Harrison NJ have a West Indian Day Parade? You have to admit there is more of a Concacaf population here and it is much easier to get to YS. Thats the main reason most of us follow this team.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Does Harrison NJ have a West Indian Day Parade? You have to admit there is more of a Concacaf population here and it is much easier to get to YS. Thats the main reason most of us follow this team.
I don't doubt you'd get more than that but you're not going to fill YS on a weeknight with an early round CCL. Not even close. Hell, we didn't even fill Fordham on a weeknight against Cosmos. Late round against Liga MX, I'm more optimistic

Sure, but that's traveling to RBA which to many is found to be a pain, whether in reality or psychologically.

Sure, but that's traveling to RBA which to many is found to be a pain, whether in reality or psychologically.
actually that was in Giants Stadium (2009) which was a very easy drive. I would LOVE to see CCL matches packed but the early rounds just aren't

I don't doubt you'd get more than that but you're not going to fill YS on a weeknight with an early round CCL. Not even close. Hell, we didn't even fill Fordham on a weeknight against Cosmos. Late round against Liga MX, I'm more optimistic
I definetely think so. Put some spots of Spanish Language programming and talk up the match, also play some young players. I would go. I got nothing going on. Make the tickets cheap. I will bring my friends kids.

Reactions: Goodfella
actually that was in Giants Stadium (2009) which was a very easy drive. I would LOVE to see CCL matches packed but the early rounds just aren't
Driving is the key word. Not everybody owns a car (I don't) and getting the car after work with enough time to get to the game..... [crickets].... Playing at YS or our own arena will be a much easier sell.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
CCL games will get lower attendance that our non-weekend MLS regular season games, unless it's the late knockout rounds.

Usual pessimism. I remember when no one wanted this team ( it was 1997 ) and some persons on Bigsoccer insulted me saying that I was never been in NY and that a true NYC soccer team could have max a 10,000 average attendance why already there was another NY ( NJ..... ) team !!!

Reactions: robert hobson
I remember the Jets went in on the West Side Stadium project (to be located next to Javitts), before they went in 50/50 with the Giants for MetLife Stadium.

Even if we wait for the Jets to opt out, no one (CFG, the Yankees or MLS) will put up with NYCFC playing in Yankees Stadium through 2025. We need a stadium well before that.
My proposal is that the stadium is ready for MLS as soon as possible, but built to NFL standards for the future. You should know exactly what I mean, look at the new White Hart Lane.

Built as a SSS, but with the ability to become an NFL venue, including a turf pitch that can be swapped in for the grass.

Reactions: adam
My proposal is that the stadium is ready for MLS as soon as possible, but built to NFL standards for the future. You should know exactly what I mean, look at the new White Hart Lane.

Built as a SSS, but with the ability to become an NFL venue, including a turf pitch that can be swapped in for the grass.
Like some sort of CFG Yankee owned THIRD NFL team in the City. Jeez that would be awesome.