Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Sorry, I should have clarified that. I mean in only one section, not multiple sections, or the whole stadium. I feel like some endline sections could be GA, or select upper level sections. Or maybe sections that sell at the same price-point get the GA treatment (non-premium, non-midfield, etc.)

The point of multiple seating and pricing tiers is to capture as much of the consumer surplus as possible. Different people are willing to consume the same product at various prices, thus cheap seats and expensive seats exist to segment and capture as many different points on the soccer game demand curve as possible. In effect turning one large supply demand chart into multiple smaller ones via subltle alteration of the underlying good.

Doing what you suggest goes against that rather basic economic principle.

Though as Ulrich Ulrich suggests, there might be much more lightly attended teams that do this anyway, some English teams in league 1 only draw 2000-3000 people I believe they are broadly general admission.

Reactions: Ulrich
The point of multiple seating and pricing tiers is to capture as much of the consumer surplus as possible. Different people are willing to consume the same product at various prices, thus cheap seats and expensive seats exist to segment and capture as many different points on the soccer game demand curve as possible. In effect turning one large supply demand chart into multiple smaller ones via subltle alteration of the underlying good.

Doing what you suggest goes against that rather basic economic principle.

Though as Ulrich Ulrich suggests, there might be much more lightly attended teams that do this anyway, some English teams in league 1 only draw 2000-3000 people I believe they are broadly general admission.
I don't think that's actually what he means though. What I am gathering is that he means GA within each section that has its different prices.

For example, if section 206 costs $40/game (just making shit up), then once you are in 206, you can sit wherever you want.

I think there are two problems with this though:
  1. If you buy tickets for a larger group of people, you wouldn't be guaranteed to sit next to each other if you were not able to arrive super early.
  2. In essence, each section would require an usher to check ticket stubs for everyone going in/out. Otherwise you could have people buying cheaper tickets and then making their way into more expense seats, because nobody would be able to challenge them with "Hey, these are my seats".

Sorry, I should have clarified that. I mean in only one section, not multiple sections, or the whole stadium. I feel like some endline sections could be GA, or select upper level sections. Or maybe sections that sell at the same price-point get the GA treatment (non-premium, non-midfield, etc.)
Emelec, at least for our match, was all GA. The tales of SITC pointed to it being all GA, all the time, all across South America.

But I don't put a lot of stock in the veracity of their expositions beyond NYCFC.

Hate the all GA idea for all sections, a large reason I have my seats is because they are row 1. To ensure I had row 1 seats for every game id have to show up what an hour early? right when gates open? pass. Im guaranteed income for 10 seats per game per year. If it was all GA id drop down to two seats, because whats the advantage of paying early as opposed to just buying them same day if its a GA section.

Reactions: Vallos
420 pages of nothing.

This has to be an internet record.

I'm shocked we didn't get a 420 joke yet. Especially considering how many we had 20 pages ago looking forward to this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Holy crap. If you haven't seen this in a while then please, for your sake, re-watch it.

Life is rarely this good.
It's so good, in part because I have no idea whether or not Shatner has enough self-awareness to know he's being hilarious. Sadly, I figure that while present Bill might get that, that era of Bill probably took it as serious performance art.

giphy.gif

Fake news Rasenballsport propagandist saying that fans are dissatisfied with NYCFC and Yankee Stadium. He's contributing to all the lies about the only MLS team in New York as he's disappointed with the continued lackluster performance of his own team over 21 seasons. No cup. No fans. More blue seats at RBA are seen in pictures than fans dressed in red. Fake News. Sad. So Metro.

NYCFC still has more season ticket holders than fans that show up to Red Bull games. Fact.

Who is his credible source? Calling bullshit on this. It's probably the forum posters on here doing the math and count.

So what season tickets are down? It's a natural floating number in sports. We're not at a dangerously low level of support unlike the dangerous health damage that drinking Red Bull will do to one's body.

Fake news Rasenballsport propagandist saying that fans are dissatisfied with NYCFC and Yankee Stadium. He's contributing to all the lies about the only MLS team in New York as he's disappointed with the continued lackluster performance of his own team over 21 seasons. No cup. No fans. More blue seats at RBA are seen in pictures than fans dressed in red. Fake News. Sad. So Metro.

NYCFC still has more season ticket holders than fans that show up to Red Bull games. Fact.

Who is his credible source? Calling bullshit on this. It's probably the forum posters on here doing the math and count.

So what season tickets are down? It's a natural floating number in sports. We're not at a dangerously low level of support unlike the dangerous health damage that drinking Red Bull will do to one's body.

Don't you realize this page is reserved for weed references?

giphy.gif

Well actually, the way I read his tweet, the only potential fact there would be the reduction in season tickets.

It seems his reason is 100% pure speculation on his part. Even if he had an inside source, how would that specific reason be known?

Well actually, the way I read his tweet, the only potential fact there would be the reduction in season tickets.

It seems his reason is 100% pure speculation on his part. Even if he had an inside source, how would that specific reason be known?
He's such a RB fanboy. Ignore the underlying problems with the shit he's been watching for decades by focusing on a comparatively extremely successful club that got chopped due to extreme weather. Gotta take their shots now considering how badly their team is playing.

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC

When you don't renew, they ask you for a reason. Not out of the realm that the #1 reason could be be the stadium.

When you don't renew, they ask you for a reason. Not out of the realm that the #1 reason could be be the stadium.
It probably is #1, but why would anybody in NYCFC's org be supplying RB's fanboy tweeter with that info?

Reactions: Kjbert