• Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I've heard that Donald Trump Jr. is thinking about running for mayor

This guy has a better shot.

giphy.gif

Speaking of cheapness - I had a complaint that I brought up with completely the wrong person to complain too - a section usher. My complaint was - with these cold weather games, can we at least get not freezing water in the sinks in the bathroom. I'm not looking for a sauna, or even tvs ... just luke warm water. My hands were literally goign to ice over after I washed them. Come on. Just a little warm. Can't wait for our stadium, with safe standing sections, local grub, and luke warm water!
This reminds me of our first season when I was quite toasty already and bitched out the Papa Johns manager on the Yankee Stadium policy for only selling 1 beer/person in the bleacher sections.

Definitely not one of my brighter moments..

Can we get Chinese money and low cost labor to build one? 100k max capacity but on most days only 30k are open/accessible for intimacy /full feeling. State of art leapfrogging all other stadiums in the world. When World Cup comes back to the US, we can open up all 100k seats.

It's Curling Night in America on NBCSHD right now. Don't ever say I never did anything for you.

So Royal Palms shuffleboard in Brooklyn converted me to shuffleboard. This is basically ice shuffleboard that people take way too intensely. I LOVE IT!

I also get the feeling that its one of those sports that's best played after having a few.

Very weird question, but do stadiums ever do a first-come, first-seated (general admission) way of selling tickets for sections that aren't a supporter section?

Very weird question, but do stadiums ever do a first-come, first-seated (general admission) way of selling tickets for sections that aren't a supporter section?
Only if they have no desire to make more money off of better/more desirable seats.

Only if they have no desire to make more money off of better/more desirable seats.
Sorry, I should have clarified that. I mean in only one section, not multiple sections, or the whole stadium. I feel like some endline sections could be GA, or select upper level sections. Or maybe sections that sell at the same price-point get the GA treatment (non-premium, non-midfield, etc.)

Sorry, I should have clarified that. I mean in only one section, not multiple sections, or the whole stadium. I feel like some endline sections could be GA, or select upper level sections. Or maybe sections that sell at the same price-point get the GA treatment (non-premium, non-midfield, etc.)
Possibly not well attended teams do this since there isn't a rush to grab the seats, but for packed stadiums with people paying good money, they want to ensure they have a saved seat that they agreed to and not lost subject to a late train/traffic/etc. The reason GA works for the supporters is that the pricing is already the lowest in the stadium, so it's hard to complain about losing your seat at halftime if your group walks around, or really for any other reason - you get what you pay for, and in this case it's the lack-of-perk of a seat you "own."

Reactions: JGarrettLieb