Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
This is really good stuff and much appreciated. One small point. I don’t know that I would be naming the guest they were trying to impress. Not really important to the story, and wouldn’t want to rub someone the wrong way if they don’t want to be discussed on message boards.
Agreed and I’ve edited the posts now. I really went back on forth on naming names or even going into as much detail but ultimately wanted to be as detailed as possible for everyone.

Of course they are going to tell some big shot that there's a stadium coming. I tell whoever I bring to a game the same crap since I'm embarrassed about them playing in a baseball stadium like a Mickey Mouse club.

"Everybody talks about [Spurs' new] stadium like it’s something special. Everybody has a stadium." -Kevin de Bruyne​
giphy.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/07/spurs-no-advantage-new-stadium-kevin-de-bruyne

I like yankee Stadium where we can rip the carpet right from underneath the visitors feet. No other stadium has that feature.... suck it turf fields. #NoACLisSafe

Last edited:
From the Athletic

NYCFC’s awful field conditions are this week’s one weird thing in MLS

I won't bother summarizing even though it's paywalled, because everyone can guess what it says.
It's just odd that this is happening in year 5 - the infield has always been a problem, but for the first 3 games this year it's been beyond bad - the players looked like freggin' Pig-Pen out there with the dust clouds at their feet - so I don't know if it's been because of the winter we had or what

It's just odd that this is happening in year 5 - the infield has always been a problem, but for the first 3 games this year it's been beyond bad - the players looked like freggin' Pig-Pen out there with the dust clouds at their feet - so I don't know if it's been because of the winter we had or what
I couldn't find data for NYC, but this winter seemed very mild to me in terms of overall average temperature. This report shows NY state had above average temps from December through February.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/us-maps/3/201902#us-maps-select

We definitely got very little snow, and to the extent that meant the field was dry, well, that's what sprinklers are for.

wasn't sure if it was just colder longer (like into March)
Well, we definitely had a lot of snow and ice during the week leading up to the first game. That seemed to lead to the problems with the sod in that game. These were that the sod was uneven and played much slower than the rest of the field. It had a definite impact on the game.

Now, that's very different than the issue that arose on Saturday. The sod played fine, so long as it stayed down on the ground. The problem was that it frequently failed to do so.

Hey, you know what's funny? A rich sports team can spend money to buy fresh sod from, say, businesses which specialize in growing, cutting, selling and even shipping said sod to any destination necessary.

The fact that YS and/or our club and/or CFG didn't take a look at the shit state the sod was in and think "hey, maybe we should buy some sod that's not shit" is rrrreeeeaaalllll weird to me.

Hey, you know what's funny? A rich sports team can spend money to buy fresh sod from, say, businesses which specialize in growing, cutting, selling and even shipping said sod to any destination necessary.

The fact that YS and/or our club and/or CFG didn't take a look at the shit state the sod was in and think "hey, maybe we should buy some sod that's not shit" is rrrreeeeaaalllll weird to me.
she sold said sod by the sea shore 3x andddddddddddddd go