Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
If the groom doesn’t really know the dude, why wasn’t the bride asked about her guest? And somebody from the club important enough to be in the know wasn’t in Minnesota taking in the new stadium????

This seems like an episode of, this guy at the bar was talking about XYZ and it’s exactly the secret stuff Everybody has been dying to find out, and I just happened to be there to hear it.

Incidents like this have been happening since at least last late summer/early fall. Before then they were much less common. So the increase and ongoing nature of them could be one of a few things:
  1. a sustained widespread pattern of sporadic yet consistent lying by multiple club employees to spread helpful misinformation
  2. something that was true when it started but the opportunity died and since then it has become the same as #1
  3. something that was true when it started but the opportunity died and since then fans have been making up stories like the ones they heard a few months ago
  4. a combination of 1,2 and/or 3
  5. something that's real and still uncertain, taking longer than anyone wants, and could still happen or go bust
I lean to #5. I'm not holding onto an illusion that CFG and the club won't lie to me. I've known they will since at least since Lampard. But I also know that widespread misinformation stuff like this is hard to pull off. Lots of employees are sadly, too willing to lie for any given organization, but a lot are not, and it's very hard for the ringleaders to discern who is who ahead of time once you go beyond a real small core. For a recent example look at the HBO Theranos movie. And I really don't credit the idea that random fans are spreading nonsense for kicks. Nothing in Zombek's twitter history or profile indicates he would just make up something like this. The same is true for SayWhat44 who had a similar story here recently. Plus there's basically no incentive for doing it because the only audience for these stories is so jaded they/we don't even respond with enthusiasm.

So my reading is that this garage deal is real, and alive, though I have no opinion of how likely it is, except is is not only non-zero but probably 20% at minimum. Could be no more, but anything less than that and I think there would be fewer incidents like this.

I think it's entirely possible they have a deal in place for the garages.

I also think it's entirely possible that you can't fit a stadium on that spot.
They need the street, plus probably at least part of the factory across the street. Alternative would be part of the park but the odds of that happening are <.001%.

Can someone retrofit RBA onto the area again? It's been forever since we've gotten an RBA retrofit, I think we're overdue.

Reactions: Kjbert
Someone mentioned they had heard that the team had acquired land but it wasn’t big enough

Seth Seth should really overlay DC’s stadium since it’s a prime example of shoehorning a venue in to a small site with non-uniform sides. That is, if he wants to be comprehensive.

Reactions: Kjbert and Jon
That is, if he wants to be comprehensive.
Sure, no pressure LOL
Seth should really overlay DC’s stadium since it’s a prime example of shoehorning a venue in to a small site with non-uniform sides.
At the moment I'm hopped up on Zyrtecs but I'll definitely do one tomorrow at work.

Someone mentioned they had heard that the team had acquired land but it wasn’t big enough

Yes. That they had a pending contract on land that they couldn't use for whatever reason and needed to get out of that in order to bid on a different parcel.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
Seth Seth should really overlay DC’s stadium since it’s a prime example of shoehorning a venue in to a small site with non-uniform sides. That is, if he wants to be comprehensive.
AudiFieldSize.png

Sorry, best I can do for the moment. That's from Apple Maps, and Google's worse.

ETA: Happy to start using Audi Field as our "typical" stadium for the overlays once someone sends a satellite over the area and gets updated imaging.