Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
One downfall I can see with the GAL site is the possibility of having to still work our schedule around the Yankees schedule. Even if we have our own facility the likelihood of having a Saturday home match on let’s say the same Saturday the Yankees have a home game are going to be slim to none. I doubt this will ever happen, still leaving us with a lot of weekday matches (more than any other club in the league)

Not worried. Stagger the starting times. Only
Issue would be parking.

There was talk from the club at those brainstorming sessions about not using Legends for their new stadium. They have heard our complaints the last 5 years. I believe if they only stayed in YS for 1-2 years and we got a stadium right away, there would have been a contract with Legends. I think now NYCFC realizes a partnership with them is not in their best interest.
You know, maybe a month ago, maybe less, I was asked to take part in a survey about gameday experiences. Didn't think much about it as it wasn't the first time, but now that you've brought this up I'm wondering if they considering a change in vendors as there were a ton of questions about food, entertainment, stadium experiences, etc.

Fwiw (which of course could be nothing) someone on the NYCFC FB page:

Stadium News:

My source in City government said a deal was reached in principle by the City, State, CFG, Yankees and GAL to build the stadium where the elevator company is now. Essential, it is the same site they original talked about 7 years ago.

If everything goes according to plan, expect an announcement sometime in June.

My source did mention De Blasio can still be a dick and kill the deal.

I like how jaded we all are. Two years ago this comment would have spawned 20 pages in two hours. Now it's like, yeah yeah call me in June then.

You know, maybe a month ago, maybe less, I was asked to take part in a survey about gameday experiences. Didn't think much about it as it wasn't the first time, but now that you've brought this up I'm wondering if they considering a change in vendors as there were a ton of questions about food, entertainment, stadium experiences, etc.
For that to happen the Yankee/NYCFC relationship must be salty as hell which would actually make a lot of sense at this point. The vendor at YS is the Yankee/Cowboy owned company... I forgot what it’s called.

Reactions: Kjbert

Stadium News:

My source in City government said a deal was reached in principle by the City, State, CFG, Yankees and GAL to build the stadium where the elevator company is now. Essential, it is the same site they original talked about 7 years ago.

Normally this wouldn’t mean much to me and I generally have ignored this thread the past couple of years but I think there’s some truth to this.

Yeah, the 20% initial investment is literally a drop in the bucket up them. $20 million is like 2 years of Brett Gardner.
That was cost... they’ve made probably 5-10x that amount since they’ve invested it.

Considering Legends is partnered with Man City according to their website, I would highly doubt that we wouldn't use them.

Stadium News:

Rumor is he's announcing his run for POTUS soon, so maybe he won't give af anymore. This may be the time to strike.

It's blatantly obvious to anyone with even a basic knowledge of engineering that the GAL site is a non-starter. The clear and obvious option is... [checks notes] the site nearest my house.
It’s blatantly obvious you do not even possess an ounce of basic engineering knowledge. Seriously, sit the Fck down with suck a knee-jerk opinion grounded in helium. Open your eyes to the many wonders of the engineering world and you’ll quickly see that the GAL site is viewed as an opportunity, and not a hinderance, to the creative and technical fields.

It’s blatantly obvious you do not even possess an ounce of basic engineering knowledge. Seriously, sit the Fck down with suck a knee-jerk opinion grounded in helium. Open your eyes to the many wonders of the engineering world and you’ll quickly see that the GAL site is viewed as an opportunity, and not a hinderance, to the creative and technical fields.

Care to expand?

As long as they like the SUM and Expansion fees?
Also all revenue generated goes to straight to the Yankees coffers. It is not revenue that they need to share with MLB. So the Yankees will gladly keep the revenue plus Man City gives them additional programing for YES.

Care to expand?
Expand that engineering is the science of figuring out answers to problems? Expand that if, IF the GAL site has been chosen, that there is zero chance the buyers would seal the deal without having a solution to the site already planned? Expand that MV only posts to be the Voice of Reason when he so often doesn’t have a clue?

MV’s post was just his typical asinine retort to a subject he knows nothing about yet tries to proffer that he does.

Could they build the stadium below ground there? Pretty close to the river.

I'm pretty sure that his post was a joke, considering the last part of it.