Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Omg I dont know how I missed that.
giphy.gif
Lmao same here!

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Take the following for what it is worth; it's from the comments section in the MLS article on our playoff venue issues.

An annoying Atlanta fan had posted that we should just build in Heritage Park. I responded with all the reasons that won't work and also mentioned the recent rumors around the GAL site. Someone replied as follows.

The thing holding this project up are the rest of the developers for the rest of the project and probably the City Building Commission again. CFG has their money for the stadium and the transit upgrades that they want. The rest of the project (Retail space, affordable housing, work to live housing, etc) are what's holding it up. They have already found a place to relocate the factory that the factory owner has accepted.​
The Islanders just broke ground on their new arena at Belmont race Track and some of the community and commissions are still trying to stop it from happening. The NY Metro area is a tough place to build anything but places for people to live.​

We've been here a dozen times in the last few years. I'll believe it when I see it. How many times has someone posted on the forums or Reddit that they work for someone or know someone who works for a contractor, architect, etc and that the stadium is close?

Reactions: Kjbert and Buckley
Take the following for what it is worth; it's from the comments section in the MLS article on our playoff venue issues.

An annoying Atlanta fan had posted that we should just build in Heritage Park. I responded with all the reasons that won't work and also mentioned the recent rumors around the GAL site. Someone replied as follows.

The thing holding this project up are the rest of the developers for the rest of the project and probably the City Building Commission again. CFG has their money for the stadium and the transit upgrades that they want. The rest of the project (Retail space, affordable housing, work to live housing, etc) are what's holding it up. They have already found a place to relocate the factory that the factory owner has accepted.​
The Islanders just broke ground on their new arena at Belmont race Track and some of the community and commissions are still trying to stop it from happening. The NY Metro area is a tough place to build anything but places for people to live.​

GG -- I noticed that you wrote that DeBlasio killed the GAL deal. My recollection was that GAL killed the deal by hiking the price at the last minute. Do we have confirmation either way?

Reactions: Kjbert
We've been here a dozen times in the last few years. I'll believe it when I see it. How many times has someone posted on the forums or Reddit that they work for someone or know someone who works for a contractor, architect, etc and that the stadium is close?
It’s been mentioned that over the course of the search, there’s been well over a dozen sites investigated. There’s be feasibility studies done for all of them. The club may have used a single architectural firm or multiple, meaning leaks could have come from multiple sources over time - which happened. And if the team didn’t settle on the site(s), which they didn’t, then nothing would come of each rumor.

I get that you’re frustrated, but man, give it a break and relax. The stadium isn’t something anybody can influence or change, and if it’s a deal breaker on ST, then so be it - it’s been that for a lot of people. If you’re still in it regardless, great too. But fretting over the stadium is an unhealthy pastime, especially because these rumors are more likely than not grounded in some form of reality, and there’s a whole long process in real estate development that the vast majority of folk following the stadium don’t understand.

This guy is so nervy that I’d put money on it that he’s legit as a non-management guy that’s heard/seen stuff at the office and is terrified he’s already said too much.

Man, there's been a ton of smoke the last few months. Hard to believe there's nothing to any of it.

The biggest piece of smoke is what Sims said last night upthread -- either he's a complete fool (possible), or they're getting ready to announce something and he thinks the new stadium is opening in 3-4 years. I find it hard to believe he'd misspeak that largely when speaking to a fan.

And I continue to maintain that the other big piece of smoke has been right under our noses all season. Either "Building Together" was ridiculously poor judgement from the front office, or they felt pretty confident in January that we were close to an announcement.

Announcing a stadium deal doesn't mean it gets built. The West Side Stadium was announced and went down a long bumpy road to nothing-land.