Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
YES promotes our games in every Nets and Yankees game, and the coverage on YES features one of the best commentating teams in the league. I get the complaints when our game gets punched to the app, but the coverage itself could be a lot worse.
I'm not sure the Yankees have much to do with who we hire to comment on the games. And of course they promote the games on the broadcast of their other assets; they promote the Nets and Yankees on NYCFC broadcasts too. The difference is, they always broadcast their other teams whenever they can, but not us -- even though YES2 is available.

The most charitable thing we could say is they just don't care very much. Which, if you look at it strictly in financial terms, isn't beyond understanding. We're a very minor investment compared to their flagship franchise and the Nets.

When I see us on YES2 on days when there's a scheduling conflict, and I see them getting serious about a stadium of our own, I'll change my mind.

Reactions: danger
I'm not sure the Yankees have much to do with who we hire to comment on the games. And of course they promote the games on the broadcast of their other assets; they promote the Nets and Yankees on NYCFC broadcasts too. The difference is, they always broadcast their other teams whenever they can, but not us -- even though YES2 is available.

The most charitable thing we could say is they just don't care very much. Which, if you look at it strictly in financial terms, isn't beyond understanding. We're a very minor investment compared to their flagship franchise and the Nets.

When I see us on YES2 on days when there's a scheduling conflict, and I see them getting serious about a stadium of our own, I'll change my mind.

OK. Your comment made it seem like the people at YES don't care about NYCFC. Programming decisions notwithstanding, the actual broadcasts are class. I don't know the story with YES2, but as a fan of the Yankees and Nets I can say that it appears to only be used for Nets games. I would imagine YES2 is strictly for Nets, even though it's on cable platforms all year long. There's very little chance there is a financial difference for YES between putting a game on YES2 or app only.

I also continue to not think the YES app games are a big deal -- if you get YES, you get the YES app. And if you have a smart TV, you can get the YES app games on your TV without much fuss. For me that's a non-issue.

OK. Your comment made it seem like the people at YES don't care about NYCFC. Programming decisions notwithstanding, the actual broadcasts are class. I don't know the story with YES2, but as a fan of the Yankees and Nets I can say that it appears to only be used for Nets games. I would imagine YES2 is strictly for Nets, even though it's on cable platforms all year long. There's very little chance there is a financial difference for YES between putting a game on YES2 or app only.

I also continue to not think the YES app games are a big deal -- if you get YES, you get the YES app. And if you have a smart TV, you can get the YES app games on your TV without much fuss. For me that's a non-issue.
I didn't say the people at YES don't care about NYCFC. I said the Yankees don't really care about us -- they see us as a supplemental revenue stream and filler content on their network. They show our tiny little banner on air when they're promoting the next broadcast of our games, but that's nothing (it's actually even a little embarrassing). What's more important is whether they broadcast our games.

I mean, it would be nice to have, you know, a proper championship banner. But even better would be having our games air on YES2 when the Nets are on YES primary. If both the Nets and the Yankees are playing at the same time, I get it: we get bounced. But if they really cared about us they'd use the available extra channel when it's free. Instead, they put the Nets and Yankees on both at the same time when we're playing.

That's a demonstrable lack of commitment.

Yes this is next to Citi Field, where the chop shops were. There are still a few hold outs but they did Eminent domain majority of the shops.

View attachment 11991
Is that the Related plan Joe_Cos Joe_Cos ?

The spot they have marked 'School (Block A1)' is the one I want. But I think it's pretty obvious that would mean some significant alterations to this plan. Definitely that building in the triangular plot between Block A1 and Citi Field would have to go.

But hey -- get Related and Cohen and CFG all at the table (with Citi lined up for naming rights -- Citi Football Stadium has a nice ring to it) along with the community stakeholders and I'm sure it can all be worked out. That's a hell of a lot of capital and expertise.

Just got to get the Yankees out of the picture.

Reactions: Kjbert
Is that the Related plan Joe_Cos Joe_Cos ?

The spot they have marked 'School (Block A1)' is the one I want. But I think it's pretty obvious that would mean some significant alterations to this plan. Definitely that building in the triangular plot between Block A1 and Citi Field would have to go.

But hey -- get Related and Cohen and CFG all at the table (with Citi lined up for naming rights -- Citi Football Stadium has a nice ring to it) along with the community stakeholders and I'm sure it can all be worked out. That's a hell of a lot of capital and expertise.

Just got to get the Yankees out of the picture.

Below is roughly the plan where the stadium would fit in. It would be part of Phase 2 of the Willets Point development, Phase 1 is the only current phase that is ongoing and that would be the site remediation.

1650117771320.png