• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
About 25 new pages to catch up on after being in the UK for a week

i think that's your clue. if there was actually something, it'd be 500 pages. so < 50 pages in a week => no real news.

In all fairness, how many times have we heard "hopefully news by the end of the year" only to get to the end of the year and hear nothing.

from an actual club source with authority to say anything ..... never?

Reactions: Joe_Cos and Kjbert
Repping NY. If any of these had the cash ...

Nathan's Field
Gray's Papaya Park
Zabar's Stadium
Nathan's would be great if we were headed to Brooklyn. Plus think of the awesome concession stand. LOL

By the way, JetBlue was founded in Flushing Meadows, Queens. And they're currently headquartered in the Brewster Building in Long Island City. So, in addition to being the domestic partner for Etihad Airways, they really are New York's Hometown Airline.

No-brainer in my book.

I did a little more checking on Etihad's naming rights deals, and they had one for Docklands Stadium in Australia for something like $5-8 million per year over 10 years (extended from an original 5-year deal). Something in that range would definitely be workable for JetBlue.

But here is pretty cool twist: The home park of the Mothership is actually called City of Manchester Stadium. Rather than a straight naming rights agreement, the club pays an increased rent and Etihad, the city and CFG have a comprehensive commercial agreement (MCFC-branded plane for a direct flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi, youth academy moved to the CoMS complex, some other things, mostly community-related).

The total package -- which I think expires at the end of this year, I don't know if they've negotiated a new one -- is worth around £100 million over 10 years. So, if we're talking some kind of integrated public/private partnership to build our park, CFG and Etihad (and by extension, JetBlue) clearly know how to structure that kind of thing.

I have no idea what's going on in negotiations, of course. I think it's just heartening to know we're talking about businesspeople with a lot of savvy and flexibility and creativity. Not to mention a crap ton of money. Hopefully the city and state officials have some game, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuazyPat
By the way, JetBlue was founded in Flushing Meadows, Queens. And they're currently headquartered in the Brewster Building in Long Island City. So, in addition to being the domestic partner for Etihad Airways, they really are New York's Hometown Airline.

No-brainer in my book.
There was a lot of wishcasting in 2014-15 that JetBlue would be the jersey sponsor for all the same reasons. Still makes sense. But we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Kjbert
Bronx stadium announcement at the STH Bronx Zoo holiday event confirmed.
Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF