Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
really hope CFG leans into the baseball stadium joke though and keeps some aspects of it. especially the sightlines and field size. that would be epic :) it won't happen though, but i don't think the field size will be much bigger either.
Exactly what I'm hoping, at least from a naming and reference perspective. From a venue perspective I want a dope, proper stadium!

They should call it Etihad Ballpark. Use a vintage baseball style scoreboard somewhere, have an organist. Although after a couple years the joke will wear off and will just be weird.

Last edited:
Exactly what I'm hoping, at least from a naming and reference perspective. From a venue perspective I want a dope, proper stadium!

They should call it Etihad Ballpark. Use a vintage baseball style scoreboard somewhere, have an organist. Although after a couple years the joke will wear off and will just be weird.
I’ll settle for a trough urinal like some of the classic ballparks.

At minimum they should name the supporters section The Bleachers.
If it is indeed Willets Point, that would be a hoot. I'm envisioning something like City Stadium for a name, with exterior design elements riffing on Citi Field across the street.

I'm pretty sure the Yankees would have to be out of the picture for that to happen, though. They'd never want us sidling up to the Mets like that.

If it is indeed Willets Point, that would be a hoot. I'm envisioning something like City Stadium for a name, with exterior design elements riffing on Citi Field across the street.

I'm pretty sure the Yankees would have to be out of the picture for that to happen, though. They'd never want us sidling up to the Mets like that.
They have to name it Etihad something or other. Cant have a City next to a Citi. Too damn confusing.

that would be lovely. or something else creative and fun. but who are we kidding? it's gonna be Etihad Stadium and the supporters section will be Section 105.

LOL
If we're in our own park, and that park is something like Villareal's in La Liga (which I personally think is the way to go), we might have to put the supporters in Section 8 . . .

Man, can you imagine trying to come in there as an opponent? In New York? They'd wish we were still in a baseball stadium.

If thats the case then its even more reason to hate them. What have they done for this team thats even remotely beneficial? Name me one thing.

All they do is kick the team outta stadium when its slightly inconvenient to the Yankees. They should have figured that out when they bought share of the team.

I am a Yankees fan but George Steinbrenner's alive kids are scums.

If thats the case then its even more reason to hate them. What have they done for this team thats even remotely beneficial? Name me one thing.

All they do is kick the team outta stadium when its slightly inconvenient to the Yankees. They should have figured that out when they bought share of the team.

I am a Yankees fan but George Steinbrenner's alive kids are scums.
I'm harboring a pretty big grudge against them for the shenanigans they pulled last year to blow up the GAL site proposal. They've lost a fan.

#LGM :D

Funny thing is, they ain't gonna need those parking spaces now, are they.