Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Sorry guys but a part of me still wishes this is a joint Jets/NYCFC announcement with a stadium similar to spurs where the soccer and football fields can be rolled out depending on who is playing.

• Haha
Reactions: JayH
Sorry guys but a part of me still wishes this is a joint Jets/NYCFC announcement with a stadium similar to spurs where the soccer and football fields can be rolled out depending on who is playing.
I would have loved that so much. SO much.

• Love
Reactions: adam
There's been more smoke for Queens stadium than Icahn lately... So now I'm curious maybe this is a dual announcement? "Icahn as of next season w quick modular stadium while we wait for queens stadium built" ?

Also, yesterday Lion mentioned gray not being in the first team next season followed by the re-sign announcement... So I wouldn't take some rando's tweet to mean anything at the moment. He may be right, but there's no way to confirm or deny this at the moment, unless anyone else can confirm or deny this.

There's been more smoke for Queens stadium than Icahn lately... So now I'm curious maybe this is a dual announcement? "Icahn as of next season w quick modular stadium while we wait for queens stadium built" ?

Also, yesterday Lion mentioned gray not being in the first team next season followed by the re-sign announcement... So I wouldn't take some rando's tweet to mean anything at the moment. He may be right, but there's no way to confirm or deny this at the moment, unless anyone else can confirm or deny this.

from the rumor i read. Icahn was not possible because of sanitation issue regarding bathrooms. i guess there was no clear way to set up a bathroom system in the modular stadium plan.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
Reposting the site concept from 2019, which I think is the last that is public for this location.

DxJOUrpWkAEqNb7

Looking at this raises a question in my mind around parking. Certainly, the Mets parking lots are within easy walking distance. But, what happens when the Mets have a game the same day? There are a few possibilities, from the acceptable to the terrible. First, it's always possible that we are allowed to use the Mets lots, but this seems unlikely. Second, we could get the same treatment as the US Open and get directed to Flushing Meadows Park, but that might create local opposition. Third, we could be told to stick to public transit and have shuttle buses from lots farther away - as was done with LAFC for MLS Cup. Fourth, we might not be allowed to have a home game on the same day the Mets are at home.
I would think they won't allow games for both NYCFC and the Mets on the same days. That was going to be the case with the stadium in the Bronx with the Yankees