Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Sadly the craft beer question will come down to whether or not they make the exclusivity deal many stadiums make with Budwiser. If they make the deal it will be 90% of the same generic Budweiser "craft" beer we get at Yankee Stadium. There are so many great local craft beer options that wouldn't be there in that setup.

That said I do understand why the stadiums do it even beyond whatever money or pricing Budweiser offers. I have a couple of friends who work in the craft beer industry in NYC and there are a lot of logistical challenges dealing with the smaller local breweries. They often use smaller distributors or in some cases if the brewery is small enough they self-distribute. That means managing orders, delivery schedules, and keg returns with multiple different sources that oftentimes provide very broad delivery windows. It's challenging even for the beer bars that are open every day and have their entire business model structured around craft beer.
I don’t need a draft. Cans are fine. No excuses not to stock canned craft brews. And BTW, I have zero sympathy for the logistical “trouble” of a 400% markup item. Puhleeze.

Waterless urinals...

you stink elaine benes GIF by HULU

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I appreciate how some of the rendering move the steam stacks. The rendering used in the QNS op-Ed piece had it behind the supporters. I know it was released earlier but I can’t recall where that rendering was first used. I just like how the placement of the steam stacks have become our own “Where’s Waldo.”

I wonder if the team will bring some European recycling ideas to the stadium. I like the recycle/reusable beer cups they had at Twickenham Stadium. I believe U2 did it for their last tour as well in the States. Of course these were pre 2020 events so I am not sure if any companies want to be the first one introducing that to the states.

I just like how the placement of the steam stacks have become our own “Where’s Waldo.”
That's funny. They seemed so silly up there I assumed Jon Jon had just been having fun with Photoshop. Had to go back to the original photo to see that was real.

Maybe they'll come up with some new pre-match schtick. Atlanta's Golden Spike is fun and it brings out a national / local celebrity to draw attention to the club.
Supporters | ATLUTD.com
We already do this with the smoke stacks, but no one can actually see it since its behind the outfield walls. Now its in a more prominent position. More and more US sport teams are doing this. Chiefs have that drum, Vikings have a horn, ATL United has the golden spike, NY Giants (stupid lame) bell, Patriots (lame) lighthouse etc... Some of them are really well done and others are corny. Personally I think the smokestacks above the supporters will be awesome. Imagine before each game or after a goal the smokestack igniting and the pyro (?) falling down onto the supporters. I think it will look awesome!

Also it wont block anyone's view of the pitch! lol

Reactions: JCMore and Jon