Stadium Survey

Wouldn't doing that be a tacit admission that the club has failed and given up on its mission to provide a club within the 5 boroughs? I've already seen Cosmos fans mocking the club by suggesting pretty much this exact thing. To my mind, the stadium has to be 100% within city limits or else you might as well not bother.
The joke stems from the Cosmos stadium which will be half in Queens and half in Nassua, which is considered Long Island.

Wouldn't doing that be a tacit admission that the club has failed and given up on its mission to provide a club within the 5 boroughs? I've already seen Cosmos fans mocking the club by suggesting pretty much this exact thing. To my mind, the stadium has to be 100% within city limits or else you might as well not bother.
yes, but what if approval doesnt come, there is no guarantee on that, just thinking about the worst case

1) Who cares what the Cosmos and their fans think - they are nothing and every time they are brought into this conversation it is sickening. It's like comparing the Yankees and the Long Island Ducks Independent team

2) There are parts of Yonkers that are closer to downtown Manhattan than parts of the Bronx. Just saying that there isn't a huge different between North BX and YO - beyond the obvious that it isn't part of the 5 Boros.

I would not read too much into the location questions. Likely they are looking for supportive data to make their case and possibly to gather better knowledge about the areas they want to focus their promotional efforts on.

I would not read too much into the location questions. Likely they are looking for supportive data to make their case and possibly to gather better knowledge about the areas they want to focus their promotional efforts on.

Good post. I think the place that makes the most sense economically is probably Brooklyn. But from our little sample size I am guessing the overwhelming response will be to not build in Brooklyn and Staten Island

BK and SI are both tough to get to and it excludes fans from Westchester, CT area trying to make the trek. I think theyll throw it in the bronx or Manhattan

Brooklyn is for Brooklyn only. You can't get there from anywhere except SI and Manhattan. NJ wouldn't even go to brooklyn because it would cost like 36 dollars per trip or something crazy like that.

Trust me, us Staten Islanders don't want anything to do with Brooklyn either. If you're driving, the toll is $13. If you're taking PT then it's either the ferry to Manhattan and then a train to Brooklyn or a series of buses and trains into Brooklyn directly. I avoid it at all costs.

And then of course there's parking...

Don't feed the trolls. Once you respond to those Cosmolololos Clowns, you've dignified their comments.

Reactions: BxLio91