Suing

Vinjay

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
Anyone on here ever sued anyone?

Here's the main reason for this topic just read it on the NY Post site. Hope this fat idiot isn't involved with NYCFC. An embarrassment to the Yankees really.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/07/yankees-fan-caught-sleeping-suing-espn-for-10-million/

What's the most ridiculous thing you have seen someone sued for? I've heard of burglars cutting themselves on knifes and SUING THE HOME OWNER!!! How paranoid are people in the US about being sued? Is the compensation culture in the US worse than anywhere else? How do members in the UK feel?

Last edited:
Another article that leaves "no punches pulled" to say the least. Don't agree with the obvious anti-NY bias (and lazy stereotypes) but that aside its OK...

http://turtleboysports.com/2014/07/...sox-game-is-suing-mlb-john-kruk-for-bullying/

There's also a poll added to this story and here's the current voting figures...

Should this fat Yankees fan win his lawsuit against MLB for bullying him for being a fat, sleeping bastard at the Yankees-Red Sox game?

No don't fall asleep at games if you don't wanna be made fun of for being a fat bastard. 88.08% (133 votes)

Yes, no one should ever have their feelings hurt, even fat bastards. 11.92% (18 votes)

Last edited:
Another article that leaves "no punches pulled" to say the least. Don't agree with the obvious anti-NY bias (and lazy stereotypes) but that aside its OK...

http://turtleboysports.com/2014/07/...sox-game-is-suing-mlb-john-kruk-for-bullying/

There's also a poll added to this story and here's the current voting figures...

Should this fat Yankees fan win his lawsuit against MLB for bullying him for being a fat, sleeping bastard at the Yankees-Red Sox game?

No don't fall asleep at games if you don't wanna be made fun of for being a fat bastard. 88.08% (133 votes)

Yes, no one should ever have their feelings hurt, even fat bastards. 11.92% (18 votes)
Considering it's an actual crime and you can be arrested in NYC for sleeping on the train. I say he got off easy.

Compo culture in the UK is rife.
Many of us feel (especially the employed) that ambulance chasing should be banned.
It is said we are following the USA into this compensation culture, but the reality is that accidents do happen, and people should be accountable for there own actions.

Nowadays if someone falls over a broken paving slab in he street, they sue the council, because it was in a bad state of repair and they hurt themselves.

In the old days if it happened people would admit they should have taken more care of themselves and shrug it off.

I am not saying ban compensation, but limit the culture to where the person genuinely could not be held accountable for there own action.

In the case of burglars, they had the choice, tough shit if they get hurt.

TV man in the crowd, "ahh did the nasty man have some banter", If I was the judge in his compo case I would fine him for wasting my time.....

Fining people who bring unjust lawsuits (Sue unjustly) is the only way to stop the culture now IMO