Supporter In The Uk (or Anywhere) - Sixth Borough Blues

NYCFCarl

Registered
Mar 1, 2015
Manchester, UK
Having been a Manchester City season ticket holder for over 14 years and having fallen in love with New York City during a trip there a few years ago. When I heard about New York City FC, I was an immediate fan. I snapped up tickets to NYCFC's games at Man City's City Football Academy as soon as I could and topped up on all the merchandise I could!
I'm really passionate about this club and have taken the opportunity to set up a supporters club, here in the UK. There are a number of ways you can get involved through various social media but we have big hopes for the future of this supporters group. Be one of the first to get involved by:
Following us on Twitter: @6thBoroughBlues
Follow us on Instagram: 6thboroughblues
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixt...ork-City-FC-Supporters-Group/1562315270689939

More coming soon. Thanks so much for your support.
Come on NYCFC!

Welcome to the forums. I know we have a couple supporters here that are from England. One of our admins Falastur Falastur being one of them.
Appreciate the support and you're more than welcome here.
Definitely keep us in the loop and share photos when you do events.

Reactions: einwindir
Welcome to the forums. I know we have a couple supporters here that are from England. One of our admins Falastur Falastur being one of them.
Appreciate the support and you're more than welcome here.
Definitely keep us in the loop and share photos when you do events.

Ah that's cool! Glad to be a part of the forum and appreciate that!
I'll definitely keep you in the loop in regards to the progress we make and hopefully of any events that come up.

Reactions: einwindir
Having been a Manchester City season ticket holder for over 14 years and having fallen in love with New York City during a trip there a few years ago. When I heard about New York City FC, I was an immediate fan. I snapped up tickets to NYCFC's games at Man City's City Football Academy as soon as I could and topped up on all the merchandise I could!
I'm really passionate about this club and have taken the opportunity to set up a supporters club, here in the UK. There are a number of ways you can get involved through various social media but we have big hopes for the future of this supporters group. Be one of the first to get involved by:
Following us on Twitter: @6thBoroughBlues
Follow us on Instagram: 6thboroughblues
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixt...ork-City-FC-Supporters-Group/1562315270689939

More coming soon. Thanks so much for your support.
Come on NYCFC!
Welcome welcome! It's awesome to see the love nycfc gets from out of the nyc area.

Reactions: NYCFCarl
Welcome, mate. Where abouts in the UK are you based? I'll resist the urge to simply IP check you and be a bit more social about asking ;)

Haha! Based in Manchester. I was lucky enough to see NYCFC at Manchester City's City Football Academy and to meet the players after their first game.

I've just followed him and will definitely get in touch! Thank You
Glad to have you here. Just be aware, we have quite a bit of "cheek" around here, of which I provide much. My title is kind of a joke going back to rumors (or "rumours", if that helps) of us signing Fat Frank, when I was quoted in one or two of your nation's finest rags. My biggest duty is to (un)ceremoniously impugn the character of ill-intentioned rapscallions with my vicious verbal barbs in order to better maintain the status quo.

Beyond that, it's mostly a do-nothing job along the lines of Lampard in 2015 or the Queen, so don't expect me to be arsed to help much beyond this post. But if you want dick jokes, just tag me.

Reactions: Paul
Glad to have you here. Just be aware, we have quite a bit of "cheek" around here, of which I provide much. My title is kind of a joke going back to rumors (or "rumours", if that helps) of us signing Fat Frank, when I was quoted in one or two of your nation's finest rags. My biggest duty is to (un)ceremoniously impugn the character of ill-intentioned rapscallions with my vicious verbal barbs in order to better maintain the status quo.

Beyond that, it's mostly a do-nothing job along the lines of Lampard in 2015 or the Queen, so don't expect me to be arsed to help much beyond this post. But if you want dick jokes, just tag me.

I can do 'cheek' I'm cool with that! I may be based in Manchester but truth be told, I'm a Dublin lad so in most instances i'd say our feelings are quite the same towards those rags, along with the tourist attraction that is: Queen whats her face and the nation as a whole!

I hope this increased my acceptance and I'll make sure I hold you to that offer!
Glad to be here ;)

Haha! Based in Manchester. I was lucky enough to see NYCFC at Manchester City's City Football Academy and to meet the players after their first game.

Yeah, I was at that game too, although I had to travel from Hertfordshire to get there. I was meant to be at the Brondby game also, but I had to pull out at the last minute with a bout of pharyngitis (which the St Mirren game had given me).

Yeah, I was at that game too, although I had to travel from Hertfordshire to get there. I was meant to be at the Brondby game also, but I had to pull out at the last minute with a bout of pharyngitis (which the St Mirren game had given me).

Anything to do with the temperature that night? Was bitter cold... Thats a shame although you saw the better game!

Anything to do with the temperature that night? Was bitter cold... Thats a shame although you saw the better game!

Most probably. I stupidly made no attempt to keep myself warm by moving around and so on. I'd come straight from Revolution by Parsonage Gardens where I'd had a meal with a friend I know at the Uni so I also didn't eat anything to get some energy at half-time like I usually would. It only hit me on about 75 minutes that I was getting horrendously cold, but by then it was too late to really do anything so I figured I'd ride it out. By the time I got back to my hotel my whole body was chilled to the bone and it took until 2am before I got some body-warmth back into my chest. I was pretty feverish all night although I was fine the next day. I think I kind of knew from the start that I was going to be suffering for a while after that.

Oh well, it got me a week off work I guess.

And yeah, I have to say that if I were to attend either game from choice, I would definitely have chosen the St Mirren game, so I'm glad I didn't lose that opportunity.

Reactions: NYCFCarl