Brad Sims to Lead NYCFC as CEO | Matt Goodman as COO

giphy.gif

wait... there are rules?!

This isn’t ‘Nam

This is some stupid CYA bullshit. The guy has been around for 13 months and says he's going to do a listening tour. He's done nothing in that time. So they're going to collect all these question and cherry pick a bunch of softball Q's to ask him. If the guy had any balls at all they would have an open meeting and field questions from the audience. F this guy.

I wonder if 'listening tour' was the first season, and now he's going to implement changes for the second season?
It seems like already we're starting to see some slight changes to last year, and I'm wondering what else we'll see?

I wonder if 'listening tour' was the first season, and now he's going to implement changes for the second season?
It seems like already we're starting to see some slight changes to last year, and I'm wondering what else we'll see?

What changes??

Reactions: Kjbert
In actuality, and idk from what I'm actually sourcing this, but something recently gives me a feeling like he's starting to put changes in place. Again, I'm not exactly sure why I feel that-- but I do? It's weird.

In actuality, and idk from what I'm actually sourcing this, but something recently gives me a feeling like he's starting to put changes in place. Again, I'm not exactly sure why I feel that-- but I do? It's weird.
From what I've heard there's been a lot of internal change aimed at improving transparency and getting fans more involved in and bought into decisions coming from the FO. More people in place who want to build the club up together with the community around it. It's a difficult thing to do but I think the will is there to improve things.

From what I've heard there's been a lot of internal change aimed at improving transparency and getting fans more involved in and bought into decisions coming from the FO. More people in place who want to build the club up together with the community around it. It's a difficult thing to do but I think the will is there to improve things.

Until they show transparency it's all talk. They can start by giving an update on stadium status, improvements to gameday experience in YS, how they plan on improving city memberships, and how they will make this club relevant in NYC.

if this is true, i think it'd be great. it makes it more of a community team like clubs in europe start out. just the local team that slowly grows over time. being part of the process makes fans even more invested with the club and more passionate about the club's success. that's what makes soccer in europe and south america so great. those old clubs who grew and got big over time and didn't just appear out of no where with millions.

i am wary of exactly how much influence CFG will allow fans to have. they are well known to do what they do and not care what anyone says/does.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
the only stadium talk i want from them is that its done we ready to dig. anything else is just a waste because its not final and can still be derailed or denied by city officials etc.

the only stadium talk i want from them is that its done we ready to dig. anything else is just a waste because its not final and can still be derailed or denied by city officials etc.

Sure, of course, But it would be nice after all these years to get a statement from Sims or someone saying, "Here's where we are, here are the next steps, we believe we will get this over the finish line, etc." Of course we all want it done, but it would be nice to get some kind of annual report from the team showing what, exactly, they've been doing. We want it done, of course, treat us like adults. That's the kind of goodwill they can build that will go a long way with the fans as they continue to push this process forward.

I know this is pretty much common knowledge but: Land development in NYC (and many other places) is fraught with politics and a wide range of regulatory/legal issues. I'm sure they need to be super careful and discreet about what they say-- for example prematurely revealing an aspect of the project that they are still in the strategy planning stage for, to a community group, or an agency with assets there, etc. They have to err on the side of discretion. Hence, we end up with vague statements like "we are working hard on it" and "we expect a milestone soon".

I know this is pretty much common knowledge but: Land development in NYC (and many other places) is fraught with politics and a wide range of regulatory/legal issues. I'm sure they need to be super careful and discreet about what they say-- for example prematurely revealing an aspect of the project that they are still in the strategy planning stage for, to a community group, or an agency with assets there, etc. They have to err on the side of discretion. Hence, we end up with vague statements like "we are working hard on it" and "we expect a milestone soon".

Yes, no question about it. But there's a difference between discretion and secrecy. Also, we haven't even gotten anything more than "we're working on it."

Reactions: Kenny