Brad Sims to Lead NYCFC as CEO | Matt Goodman as COO

It would be interesting to see if they would answer questions you ask a CEO. 1) will there be an ownership change in the next few years, either due capital raise to help fund on going operations or capital improvement in training or academies or the potential divestment of any of the two investors. 2). With respect to the two owners has the team met it's goals for the two continue to fund the operations.

Sure, of course, But it would be nice after all these years to get a statement from Sims or someone saying, "Here's where we are, here are the next steps, we believe we will get this over the finish line, etc." Of course we all want it done, but it would be nice to get some kind of annual report from the team showing what, exactly, they've been doing. We want it done, of course, treat us like adults. That's the kind of goodwill they can build that will go a long way with the fans as they continue to push this process forward.

i feel that knowledge, on where we potentially are and how long is needed, is already known to us with the work the outfield has done. at this point the fans just want that stadium announcement. or else we become like miami where there are so many updates and no actions that stadium will be in miami, getting to the point where people starting to believe that the team will stay Fort. Lauderdale

Reactions: Kjbert
His answer to the stadium question basically reiterated what we knew from the outfield report. The club is trying to work with the community first and foremost so that local resistance isn't a reason for killing the project. Hopefully once they can get the local community on board and agreements are made they can move faster through the rest of the process. With any luck maybe we'll have a stadium ready for opening day in 2024?

I don't know about other people, but I thought this was very good. Obviously a 40 minute video does not repair FO - fan relations, but I do feel this is going in the right direction. They didn't just make it a fluff video. They asked the difficult questions. ...Towards the end of the video, after they've gotten you in a good mood from the other questions.
But they did eventually address some of the stuff we want to hear answers to... like stadium? how to cater to fans? Why citi field so late? etc.
I have no doubt someone's gonna reply and be like 'That's exactly what they want you to feel before they rip your soul out bc #thisfosucks, how could you fall for this SHAMBOLIC video?!' but tbh, I think it's a step in the right direction and more of the same could bring my trust in the fo back.

I don't know about other people, but I thought this was very good. Obviously a 40 minute video does not repair FO - fan relations, but I do feel this is going in the right direction. They didn't just make it a fluff video. They asked the difficult questions. ...Towards the end of the video, after they've gotten you in a good mood from the other questions.
But they did eventually address some of the stuff we want to hear answers to... like stadium? how to cater to fans? Why citi field so late? etc.
I have no doubt someone's gonna reply and be like 'That's exactly what they want you to feel before they rip your soul out bc #thisfosucks, how could you fall for this SHAMBOLIC video?!' but tbh, I think it's a step in the right direction and more of the same could bring my trust in the fo back.
What did you learn from this video that you didn’t already know?

I am excited to watch this video later.

This is something they should be doing regularly. It should t take 7 years.

Reactions: adam and JayH
What did you learn from this video that you didn’t already know?
Didn't learn anything per se, but the FO acknowledging things and not doing the 'sanitizing' as people on the forum called it was great. They actually mentioned the second hand market and explained why ticket prices went up/down in certain sections (now, whether we disagree or not is a different story - but they discussed it.). They discussed the citi field series and how they weren't trying to undercut - just that mls gave them the schedule and they couldn't do anything about it until early december and announced it the day they signed the deal. (let's be real - it would be stupid for them to say 'we might play in citi field!' back in august)... Other than that, they acknowledge work in the south bronx for stadium-related stuff.

I'm not saying we learned new things, even though we did learn some new things as i mentioned above, I'm just saying it's nice to hear a bit more 'transparency' from the FO about their decision-making.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Didn't learn anything per se, but the FO acknowledging things and not doing the 'sanitizing' as people on the forum called it was great. They actually mentioned the second hand market and explained why ticket prices went up/down in certain sections (now, whether we disagree or not is a different story - but they discussed it.). They discussed the citi field series and how they weren't trying to undercut - just that mls gave them the schedule and they couldn't do anything about it until early december and announced it the day they signed the deal. (let's be real - it would be stupid for them to say 'we might play in citi field!' back in august)... Other than that, they acknowledge work in the south bronx for stadium-related stuff.

I'm not saying we learned new things, even though we did learn some new things as i mentioned above, I'm just saying it's nice to hear a bit more 'transparency' from the FO about their decision-making.
I loved this tbh. I feel like we finally got the kind of humility and candor we've been asking for for years.

He admitted he'd been focusing on internal stuff and it looks like it's starting to pay off. Also as a former manager myself, very understandable. He answered difficult questions about pricing and competitive disadvantages of moving. He even managed to present a vision of the future that I was unabashedly excited about.

He somewhat dodged the question about spending by focusing on our results but that's actually defensible in some ways. I've been hearing a lot about the internal churn and the focus on openness and I'm encouraged to see signs of real change.

Also worth pointing out that _we_ may not have learned much because we are massive NYCFC dorks. But this is probably a lot of new stuff for more casual fans and a huge stride forward given the years of radio silence.

I'd really like to know how long the uncut version of the Q&A is, because it takes much longer than 30 minutes for Brad Sims to answer all those questions in person.

We need to take a moment to acknowledge how good this is. He basically starts the entire interview by saying that his biggest mistake last season was not addressing the fans, not doing things like this. They actually used some really harsh questions, and he didn't seem shy about giving legit answers to stuff.

This doesn't undo five years of opaque behavior, but this is a giant first step towards becoming more transparent. More of this would do very good things for the organization, and we should thank them for doing it. Some of these questions were really tough and I'm shocked they put them on video. You can dislike the answers if you want, but you have to appreciate them addressing some of these concerns that fans have. And Brad seems pretty open with even the tough answers.

We need to take a moment to acknowledge how good this is. He basically starts the entire interview by saying that his biggest mistake last season was not addressing the fans, not doing things like this. They actually used some really harsh questions, and he didn't seem shy about giving legit answers to stuff.

This doesn't undo five years of opaque behavior, but this is a giant first step towards becoming more transparent. More of this would do very good things for the organization, and we should thank them for doing it. Some of these questions were really tough and I'm shocked they put them on video. You can dislike the answers if you want, but you have to appreciate them addressing some of these concerns that fans have. And Brad seems pretty open with even the tough answers.

Completely agree with ZYAnks. This interview is a very positive start.

I was quite disillusioned with the club last year and the season end was so anti-climatic.
The credit card that NYCFC had on file for my season tickets recently expired and I got a voice mail from the FO informing me that the charge didn't go through. I came very close to cancelling my tickets that I have had as a founding member. The only reason I re-upped was because I love the 121 time I get to spend with my son on home matchdays. Sims has sorta made me feel a bit better about spending the $. Upwards and onward.