Take the EOS NY Soccer Census

Sadly, I don't own the hypnokit. Without delving into a fashion debate, I'm not a fan and figured I'd look ridiculous in it (or at least more ridiculous than any grown man looks wearing a football jersey). Hadn't considered the on camera dynamic.

As for the spray tan, I embrace my pasty skin! Love thyself :)

I am realizing that maybe I should flip from a YT show to a blog though...
A blog you say.... :eyes:

o-TRASH-PILE-facebook.jpg

Goodfella beat me to it .... thank you all for your participation. And have fun sifting through this. LOT'S to analyze.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/the-eos-new-york-soccer-census-the-results-54462/
So in short, a group of fans from each team believe EoS is biased against the team they support.

TL;DR (though I strongly recommend reading it):
NYC is Blue
NJ is Red
Suffolk County is Green

Can I ask what the numbers were for Westchester, Rockland and CT respondents? Specifically how many responses and how they skewed?

So in short, a group of fans from each team believe EoS is biased against the team they support.

TL;DR (though I strongly recommend reading it):
NYC is Blue
NJ is Red
Suffolk County is Green

Can I ask what the numbers were for Westchester, Rockland and CT respondents? Specifically how many responses and how they skewed?

Will get that to you when I get back to the office. Absolutely.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
"So, a high number of NYCFC fans were indifferent to MLS prior to Manchester City buying into Major League Soccer."

I think a more accurate description would be , "So, a high number of NYCFC fans were indifferent to MLS prior to Major League Soccer setting up shop in the 5 Boroughs."

It being Man City was irrelevant, placement in the boros very relevant and it's played out in the data. But Reese is a Red Bulls fan so I get why it's worded that way.

"So, a high number of NYCFC fans were indifferent to MLS prior to Manchester City buying into Major League Soccer."

I think a more accurate description would be , "So, a high number of NYCFC fans were indifferent to MLS prior to Major League Soccer setting up shop in the 5 Boroughs."

It being Man City was irrelevant, placement in the boros very relevant and it's played out in the data. But Reese is a Red Bulls fan so I get why it's worded that way.
Yeah, that peeved me a bit (there's your bias! lol) but I get the point.

Before NYCFC I really did try to get into MLS, but I couldn't. It's a bit like the NFL, if it's on tv (and MLS rarely was) then I'll tune in, but because the stadium, be it Meadowlands or RBA, was so far away from me I never really went out there as it seemed like it wasn't worth it. My first MLS match was a Sounders-Timbers game I took in while in Seattle back in 2013 and that got me hooked.

Along comes NYCFC, it's accessible, it reaches out to fans in the community and here I am.

"Our survey found that a slight majority of Red Bulls fans (51%) hail from New Jersey, which shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, considering that the team has played in North Jersey for the last 21 years."

I think you meant, ALL 21 years. :D

Overall though, great survey and hope you guys do it year after year. Would be great to see how the numbers change going forward.

Reactions: Goodfella
Will get that to you when I get back to the office. Absolutely.
Never mind, I pulled the data.

32 CT respondents
22 NYCFC
3 Cosmos
7 Red Bull
Here's where NYCFC fans hailed from:
44 NJ

485 NY respondents

4 California
4 Florida
1 Canada
1 Idaho (?)
1 Massachusetts
1 Nevada (?)
3 Pennsylvania
2 South Carolina
2 Texas
1 Virginia

As I said on Twitter earlier, what other site puts itself on blast like we do? It's all for the fans.

Let me know what ya find!

I'm viciously busy until next Wednesday. I'll be able to get to it then.

Did you do any regression analysis on the data? Or was it just what you posted?

I'm somewhat curious to what the statistical relationship is between season ticket holders and thoughts of bias. One would assume that it is strongly correlated, but that's what we don't know.

Yeah, that peeved me a bit (there's your bias! lol) but I get the point.

Before NYCFC I really did try to get into MLS, but I couldn't. It's a bit like the NFL, if it's on tv (and MLS rarely was) then I'll tune in, but because the stadium, be it Meadowlands or RBA, was so far away from me I never really went out there as it seemed like it wasn't worth it. My first MLS match was a Sounders-Timbers game I took in while in Seattle back in 2013 and that got me hooked.

Along comes NYCFC, it's accessible, it reaches out to fans in the community and here I am.

Precisely. I tried to get into MLS and just couldn't get there until NYCFC.

I will say one other thing that has made following the league easier and more compelling. Knowing what time national broadcasts will be on each weekend. When ESPN and Fox started their 5pm/7pm broadcast pairing on Sundays, it changed a lot for the better.

Precisely. I tried to get into MLS and just couldn't get there until NYCFC.

I will say one other thing that has made following the league easier and more compelling. Knowing what time national broadcasts will be on each weekend. When ESPN and Fox started their 5pm/7pm broadcast pairing on Sundays, it changed a lot for the better.

Very fair. Much like our wording with the PRO/REL question.

Both valuable learning tools for the future.

Any questions you would have liked to see?

Very fair. Much like our wording with the PRO/REL question.

Both valuable learning tools for the future.

Any questions you would have liked to see?

im probably deviating the thread....but in terms of your content....is there/was a plan to cover the local cosmopolitan league? i know its amateur and stuff but it be cool to cover not just the pro teams but local amateur leagues too.