Team Name/Nickname

Hey Lion. Sorry if I'm being dense, but are you being sarcastic, or are some fans actually just calling them "The Bleachers". Not much of a nickname for a supporter's section haha.

I'm not being sarcastic. There's no name for the location where the Supporter's Section is located. But, for stadium purposes, it's called The Bleachers.

If you want to spend some time , there was at least one extended discussion about naming the supporters section way back in either 2014 or 2015 preseason. I also remember people started arguing over certain names. I think "The Stoop" was one point of contention, as someone claimed it for his section and said the supporters section couldn''t have it. Or maybe it was a different name. But it basically turned into the stupid fighting-over-name nonsense that Joe Cabot railed against in Reservoir Dogs. Never really got ugly because there were no consequences and no enforcement but it was amusingly petty.
Much like we are sometimes today.

Ha! that was me who was trying to claim "the Stoop" for section 229( we used to be in the same section) after a night of drinking. Then you said if you wanted to be in a section that had a name you would of sat in the supporters section.
I dropped it after I saw that bad ass picture of you where you look like Harvey Kietel. That picture was enforcment enough for me.

Reactions: mgarbowski