Third Rail : A Plastic Supporter Group ?

Fabio

Registered
Mar 20, 2014
Napoli ( Italia )
Since the birth of the TR, I have had the clear sensation that it was a plastic supporter group for many reasons :
1 ) Immediately the Cosmos fans have stolen them 1 banner and 1 flag..........
2) When I have seen the photos of the some members ( very few and even though the short distance much less than the Orlando City fans.....) which were present in Philly for the MLS superdraft, they seem boy scouts and not members of a supporters group.........
3) The absence to the Charleston ( over 200 Orlando fans ....... ) and when I asked on their FB page the reason of this absence, the result has been who I can't more to comment on the TR facebook page. Compliments for your democracy............
4) The absolute passive approach ( only a short statement ) about the Lampard question.
5) They received with much advance 200 tickets by the FO Orlando City and the ridicolous result is that ONLY 77 persons ( and surely not all belonging to the TR....... ) have bought the ticket. What is the meaning to have over 1.700 members, if then maybe 30 or 40 of them will be at Orlando for our historical debut vs supporters ( 65.000 !! ) which wish our rivalry ?

Now I know that in this group there are good boys, as Brian for example, but I think that our new team ( over 14,000 season tickets in a baseball ground... ) and the most important city in the world DESERVE A TRUE SUPPORTER GROUP. My hope is that all these small groups ( River Avenue Firm, NYC 12, Hearts of Oak etc ) can join and to create a new great ( and above all opened to all the opinion and critiques ) NYCFC supporter group !!!

Forza NYCFC !!!!

Last edited:
I'm not TR and I'm not a TR apologist by any means. But I do want to make some comments:

I get angry when people try to judge the level of one's fandom based on how much money they spend. You don't mention money directly, but blasting people for not spending the money on flights, hotels, tickets, missing work, etc. that would be involved in attending the matches in Orlando or Charleston is absolutely ridiculous. Sure, it'd be great if lots of people could afford to go. But they can't. Calling them "plastic" or "fake fans" or whatever is nonsense. The measure of a fan is the passion in their heart for their team not the amount of disposable income they can afford to spend on the team.

Also, I imagine if you saw a picture of me, you'd say I look like a Boy Scout. What exactly does a supporter look like to you? Do people who look like Boy Scouts lack the capacity to yell and scream all match long?

Ouch!! I agree and disagree. Yea the supporters should be traveling in large numbers. This is true but what's stopping you from doing the same ? To point the finger at someone else yet you admit to seeing this through photos. So you werent there? Pretty hypocritical my friend. I'm with you on some of the other points.

Exactly, SF.

I was in that group of "boy scouts" in Philly and... nevermind...

English is clearly not your first language so I'm just going to take this with a grain of salt and add you to my ignored list.

Excuse me, Rox, but the problem here is far from his use of the language. For many of your fellow supporters and forum participants, English is not our second language and that is not a reason to dismiss our opinions. I don't want to start anything, I'm just making my case regarding something that I stand for. Please, think twice before doing this kind of remarks on the future.

I am giving everything NYCFC-related a year to sort itself out. SGs have to work out logistics on away games. Chants and atmosphere need to be developed. The team needs to sign a some DPs. Positions and starting lineups still need be to worked out. YS has to get used to soccer. It's called growing pains.

Let's see how things develop over the next few months. Remember, everything is starting from scratch. OCSC has a 3 year headstart, free plane tickets to the draft and a 3-4 hour drive to CCC, so you really can't compare. Until then I am just going to enjoy the new-ness.

1343229579052_1737804.png

Excuse me, Rox, but the problem here is far from his use of the language. For many of your fellow supporters and forum participants, English is not our second language and that is not a reason to dismiss our opinions. I don't want to start anything, I'm just making my case regarding something that I stand for. Please, think twice before doing this kind of remarks on the future.

Man, what?
8170039.jpg

You lost me at "boy scouts." Be careful about judging people based upon appearance, and, one certainly need not look like a brass-knuckled hooligan to be the most passionate of footie fans. Let people gather, associate, enjoy, and root how they best see fit and best accomodates their own lifestyle, as no one or group has to fit a mold or match how it is done elsewhere. If you don't like it, don't join TR or another group, start your own group, or do nothing, rather than sit on the sideline from near or far and judge.

I will say this. People need to start pushing back when it comes to oc. wtf this is nyc. Stop being so passive

Reactions: CP_Scouse
WORK.... people fucking work. This is NY not Orlando. Most fans are 20's early 30's working professionals and they work. I don't live in my mom's basement in Orlando and doing dishes at Outback to pay for skank weed and natty light. Fuck Orlando... those trailer trash bottom feeders can go circle jerk each other practicing chants about Frank Lampard.

I did not go to Charleston because it's a pre-season tournament that means absolutely nothing. If I had planned a vacation for this time, maybe I would have considered it, but it's not worth it for a pre-season set of games. With the exception of Orlando, who is hell bent on getting noticed, no clubs in MLS send any large contingent of supporter's to these training excercises.
Perhaps if they make this an annual thing similar to MLB's Spring training, I may consider going every now and then seeing as how I can plan well in advance.
The Draft....c'mon man it was a fucking draft.
You may want to wait for an actual game to be played before you start calling out a brand-new supporter's group.

Oh and BTW:
Naples >Rome>NYC!>MCO(Orlando) for only $655! Book it now brotha!!!!! You can be there and give us a taste of those Napoli Ultras!!! If you go I'll go! Pack your fucking bags!

Reactions: Goodfella
I've been critical of TR in the past and I understand growing pains, etc. my main problem is I don't think they are utilizing their communication platforms in the right way. There should be an email newsletter every week with what's going on to get people hyped for away games, the home opener, etc instead of just using facebook, a whole big mess for a variety of different reasons. To blame or bash them for appearance though is absurd.

If there was proper communication to ALL 1700 people I guarantee you would have a better turnout in Florida and beyond.

WORK.... people fucking work. This is NY not Orlando. Most fans are 20's early 30's working professionals and they work. I don't live in my mom's basement in Orlando and doing dishes at Outback to pay for skank weed and natty light. Fuck Orlando... those trailer trash bottom feeders can go circle jerk each other practicing chants about Frank Lampard.

You sir are a great American.

I did not go to Charleston because it's a pre-season tournament that means absolutely nothing. If I had planned a vacation for this time, maybe I would have considered it, but it's not worth it for a pre-season set of games. With the exception of Orlando, who is hell bent on getting noticed, no clubs in MLS send any large contingent of supporter's to these training excercises.
Perhaps if they make this an annual thing similar to MLB's Spring training, I may consider going every now and then seeing as how I can plan well in advance.
The Draft....c'mon man it was a fucking draft.
You may want to wait for an actual game to be played before you start calling out a brand-new supporter's group.

Oh and BTW:
Naples >Rome>NYC!>MCO(Orlando) for only $655! Book it now brotha!!!!! You can be there and give us a taste of those Napoli Ultras!!! If you go I'll go! Pack your fucking bags!
I'm lost bro What's this napoli and roma thing