Third Rail Chants Recorded

I'm all for originality but trying to add these songs that sound like everyone else's European knock-offs A) isn't really original and B) generates the excitement of hot wallpaper paste.

Most of the "cute" tunes are sung with this much emotion:

I'm sorry, I'd much rather do a New York Zombie Nation:

Oh OOOh oh Oh Ooooh Oh oh OH oh Oh oh

WE. ARE. NEW. YORK.

Oh OOOh oh Oh Ooooh Oh oh OH oh Oh oh

WE. ARE. NEW. YORK.

Completely unoriginal to the sporting world but, to the soccer world, I can't recall anyone else doing it.

That's good enough for me.

I have a 1/2 marathon June 14th and with all the and ice on the road not sure when i can start training . Zombie nation thing looks like a good way to start

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Something like this only jumping for a couple of minutes it would be
Shala la la la la !
We Are NYC !
The Bundesliga (in addition to other MLS supporters) is definitely the place to go for inspiration. The chants are simple and seem much more upbeat than those heard in England, at least to my ears. However, given the popularity of the EPL and the fact that we are shall we say "inspired" by an English club, the English style chants will likely be favored, at first anyway. I'm partial to this Eintracht Frankfurt staple which appears to consist of a bunch of "Lo lo"'s and "Hey Eintracht Frankfurt!":

Last edited:
Yeah Bundesliga teams have great support I really hope the third rail can add some German style chants and try to stay away a bit from English style. All the chants I've heard from them so far have to many lyrics and aren't really upbeat.

Just got a chance to check these out. Oh City Said I, We Are NYCFC and the Diskerud song are all pretty good. The others are trash. As others have said, some of them have too many lyrics, they need to be simple if you want everyone to sing along. Either way, good starting point. I think they'll get there soon enough.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Agreed with everyone saying some of these chants are too long and complicated. The casual fan will never memorize them, and you want those fans involved as well since they will make up a large portion of attendance. More dedicated fans like us, and even TR, are a small percentage of the fan base.

Honestly, something as simple as NEW. YORK. CITY. NEW. YORK CITY. would be perfect. Thousand of fans chanting that would make any opposing team drop a deuce in their pantaloons.

Last edited:
Apparently, third rail thinks down on this forums users, so they likely don't care what we think
They don't?
tumblr_inline_n01mdtciPW1qbygev.gif