mgarbowski

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 16, 2014
Queens, NY
mgarbowski.com
They said it would be open March 1 and it is, but very limited. Essentially you can only do anything with the March 15 Opening Day tickets. try to do something with any later game tickets and no options appear. Further, the only options available for the March 15 Orlando tickets are to Print At Home or Transfer your tickets. Although the Front Page indicates there will or should be a Donate Your Tickets option, it does not seem to be active. Also there's no official ticket exchange sell-your-tickets option. Finally, the Generic Ticketmaster "Manage Your Tickets" instructional video also shows a Digital Delivery Option, and there's also no reference to that anywhere on the NYCFC specific site:

Summary, right now you can:
  • print your Opening Day tickets
  • transfer your Opening Day Tickets
You cannot
  • do anything with non-Opening Day tickets
  • sell your tickets
  • donate your tickets

They said it would be open March 1 and it is, but very limited. Essentially you can only do anything with the March 15 Opening Day tickets. try to do something with any later game tickets and no options appear. Further, the only options available for the March 15 Orlando tickets are to Print At Home or Transfer your tickets. Although the Front Page indicates there will or should be a Donate Your Tickets option, it does not seem to be active. Also there's no official ticket exchange sell-your-tickets option. Finally, the Generic Ticketmaster "Manage Your Tickets" instructional video also shows a Digital Delivery Option, and there's also no reference to that anywhere on the NYCFC specific site:

Summary, right now you can:
  • print your Opening Day tickets
  • transfer your Opening Day Tickets
You cannot
  • do anything with non-Opening Day tickets
  • sell your tickets
  • donate your tickets

Do you know when we will be able to do things with Non-Opening day tickets?

Do you know when we will be able to do things with Non-Opening day tickets?
Someone on FB said it will be a running 14-day window. I cannot be certain that's accurate, but it's consistent with the little experience we have so far. I might email my ticket rep.

I just emailed my rep with the following TM questions. I'll follow up when I get his answers:

1. Right now in TM, the only tickets for which we can do anything are for the home opener. One theory is it will be a rolling 14-day window. Another is that one game will be open at any given time and when one game day ends the next day will become available to manage. Another is that you're still working things out so things are limited but later in the season all games will open up. Are one of these true, and if not, what is the deal?

2. The only options are Transfer or Print-At-Home. The TM indicates a "Donate Your Tickets" option should be available but it is not. Is this still being developed and is there an ETA?

3. The Season Ticket benefits page http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/benefits says we are to have "Access to online ticket resale site through TM Ticket Exchange." There is no sign of this whatsoever. What's up?

Reactions: Kjbert
I was considering donating a game to Military Vets. Good to know I can do that in the portal.
I think the donating function will be very limited. If you want to donate to a group you are connected with you might have to print them out and deliver the paper. From the TM FAQ:

How do I donate my tickets to charity?

Your New York City FC AccountManager account allows you to donate tickets to charity. When donated, the New York City FC AccountManager charity of choice will automatically receive your ticket and will be placed into their account.

How to Donate Tickets:
  • Select 'Manage My Tickets'
  • Select an event eligible to donate to charity.
  • Look for the 'heart' icon within the calendar. This indicates that the event is eligible for donating tickets.
  • Select 'donate to charity' within the dropdown. Note: Not all events and/or seats are eligible to be donated.
  • Select seats that you wish to donate.
  • Once satisfied, click 'continue' to proceed into the donation process.
  • You may also be given the opportunity to donate additional items associated with the event (such as parking) as part of this process.
The delivery information for The New York City FC AccountManager charity of choice will automatically be filled in. Once the ticket has been forwarded to charity of choice, your original ticket will no longer be valid.

What is the designated charity for New York City FC AccountManager?
The designated charity may vary depending on the event. Select an event eligible to be donated to charity to view your charity options.

How do I know the donated tickets have been used?
Navigate to the Ticket Management page and select "ticket history" when viewing the event and seat details. This information is only displayed when the event has passed: Note: this feature may not be available for all venues.

I just got off the phone with Dan Steeves, filling in for my ticket rep who is in meetings all day.

1. Right now in TM, the only tickets for which we can do anything are for the home opener. One theory is it will be a rolling 14-day window. Another is that one game will be open at any given time and when one game day ends the next day will become available to manage. Another is that you're still working things out so things are limited but later in the season all games will open up. Are one of these true, and if not, what is the deal?
Ticket manager functions will be available on a 14-day rolling window. That's why the opener (March 15) went live on March 1, and the SKC game March 28 should be available March 14.

2. The only options are Transfer or Print-At-Home. The TM indicates a "Donate Your Tickets" option should be available but it is not. Is this still being developed and is there an ETA?
Here it was nice that Dan spent some time filling in info about how these options work beyond what I asked:
When you Transfer the recipient gets an email asking if they accept the ticket(s). Once they say yes, your card becomes invalid for that game and they then receive an email with a PDF.
When you Print At Home you will have an option to generate a printed copy (again I think via PDF but not 100% certain; I forgot to clarify) that either (1) has the exact same UPC as your card, or (2) has a different UPC code and thereby renders your card invalid for that game. If you choose the first option you can use either the printed copy or the card at the stadium. It seems designed to be used if you like redundancy and backups.
The Donate Your Ticket option is not available yet because NYCFC has not set up its charity yet. As best as I understand, all tickets will be funneled through a charity created by NYCFC, then presumably doled out to youth soccer groups, or schools or whatever and to whomever NYCFC wants. If you want to donate to your school, place of worship, neighborhood team, or other favorite charity, then you need to use the Print or Transfer options. No ETA was given, and I didn't press him on it.

3. The Season Ticket benefits page http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/benefits says we are to have "Access to online ticket resale site through TM Ticket Exchange." There is no sign of this whatsoever. What's up?
NYCFC and Ticketmaster are in talks to finalize undisclosed terms and details. They hope to have it up before the March 15 opener but not guaranteed. They believe the delay is somewhat mitigated as they believe most people don't plan to sell Opening Day. But it is in the works and coming, hopefully soon.

That pretty much covered everything I asked.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Can you see any ticket listed on account manager past the home season opener? Only the NE Rev. game is shown on mine. I'm starting to panic thinking my season tickets have been revoked. I can't make the first game so I tried to sell it on the account manager but it didn't have the option. I then listed it on stubhub, and just read up that apparently if you resell anywhere else they have the right to revoke your season pass. Am I screwed? Or is only the first game listed?

Can you see any ticket listed on account manager past the home season opener? Only the NE Rev. game is shown on mine. I'm starting to panic thinking my season tickets have been revoked. I can't make the first game so I tried to sell it on the account manager but it didn't have the option. I then listed it on stubhub, and just read up that apparently if you resell anywhere else they have the right to revoke your season pass. Am I screwed? Or is only the first game listed?
Read the post above yours

Reactions: mgarbowski
The ticket card many of us received yesterday has a link to the Ticket policy which I had not seen before. This page also has some of the info I got from the account rep above. That link is: http://www.nycfc.com/ticketpolicy

I do not see any prohibition for selling or listing on StubHub or similar services. It says the NYCFC Ticket Exchange (which still does not exist) is the "only official online resale marketplace," but I do not interpret that to mean you cannot use another service. If I'm wrong, well, I offer no guarantee. This is not advice, legal or otherwise. Proceed at your own risk.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ticket manager functions will be available on a 14-day rolling window. That's why the opener (March 15) went live on March 1, and the SKC game March 28 should be available March 14.

Any idea what the thinking behind this is? Quite a pain as I donated some tickets to an auction that is happening this weekend and I had hoped to be able to give the tickets to the winners.

Reactions: Gazza_55
Any idea what the thinking behind this is? Quite a pain as I donated some tickets to an auction that is happening this weekend and I had hoped to be able to give the tickets to the winners.
No idea, except a guess: the default position of petty bureaucrats is to relinquish control of anything to customers, constituents or the general public as little as possible, and to do so grudgingly, even where, as here, retaining control does nothing to benefit the bureaucracy or its members.

Meanwhile, I have the exact same problem, except it's just a bit further down the road. I'm a volunteer member of the board of directors of a school in East Williamsburg. I plan to donate my tickets for a game over the summer to the school for use as a fundraiser. Many of our students are immigrants from Latin America and would probably love the chance. But there is no way to arrange it to have the tickets raffled away during an event in the school year and actually present the winner with the tickets. It's just stupid.

I'd be curious to know how you eventually handled this and whether you think it affected the bidding.

Does anyone know if supporters section tickets are transferrable or sellable? I don't know if I'll be able to make it to every game, and I want to know if I can sell my tickets if I'm out.

Reactions: SFphoto