Ticket Trade-in program now available!

Thinking on it now, I wonder if you could put in multiple separate requests to trade out of 2-3 games but all into the same 1 game. I don't think the form would prevent that. They might call or email you to say you can't or simply that there aren't many seats nearby and the additional ones would be further away.

I agree this is probably the case, but I think I would have to call to make sure it all gets set up properly. There are a few times a year (family visits, birthday parties) when I need a bigger block of seats, so I'd have to get them together or else it isn't worth it.

Reactions: mgarbowski
So, who has been able to use this so far this season?

And if you have, how long does it take for the tickets to show up, and how do you know when the trade has taken place? Do they just show up in your account manager? Do you get an e-mail?

And if you have, how long does it take for the tickets to show up, and how do you know when the trade has taken place? Do they just show up in your account manager? Do you get an e-mail?
I used it but I think I deleted the email covering the details. Off the top of my head you need to do it no less than 2/3 days in advance of said game. The tickets become available a week or two before the actual game itself in your ticket portal thing on ticketmaster.

Examples;
You can't trade in for the Toronto game tomorrow, but you can still do so for Chicago, Revolution, SKC, etc.
If you choose to exchange for the Portland (9/9) game, the tickets would be available to you at the end of August or early September.

Thanks. I went ahead and sent in the form to trade out of Toronto and into Chicago yesterday morning (before the deadline). Just wondering when I will see what I got.

The issue is that I need 2 more tickets to add to my 3 for Chicago. There were 2 seats being sold by the Club right next to mine, so the plan (hope) was to switch into those. Well, they are no longer for sale, but I don't have them in my account. I've also seen my Toronto tickets taken off of resale via Ticketmaster, but they are still in my account. Just wondering how long it takes for all this to sort out and how you find out when it is done.

I used it but I think I deleted the email covering the details. Off the top of my head you need to do it no less than 2/3 days in advance of said game. The tickets become available a week or two before the actual game itself in your ticket portal thing on ticketmaster.

Examples;
You can't trade in for the Toronto game tomorrow, but you can still do so for Chicago, Revolution, SKC, etc.
If you choose to exchange for the Portland (9/9) game, the tickets would be available to you at the end of August or early September.

The deadline varies game to game and is listed on the trade-in webpage, ranging from 2 to 5 days.
I traded out early this year when I won the President's Suite contest for the Montreal game, and traded into the August 20 game against New England.
I received an email confirmation the next day, and it indicates that the new tickets were visible in the Account Manager immediately. My memory is that is correct, and they are definitely in my account now, more than a month away.

And just like that, I got the same e-mail. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, the tickets still aren't yet in my account. I will give it a few minutes to see what happens.

And just like that, I got the same e-mail. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, the tickets still aren't yet in my account. I will give it a few minutes to see what happens.
Just went to trade my tickets in for the upcoming Chicago match as I'll be out of town. I noticed that they don't allow you to trade for any tickets for the Hudson River Derby (not that I'm surprised or even expected to be able to do that).

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yesterday I used the traded-back tickets. Everything was smooth as I expected. Really just posting to plug the Yankee Stadium app to manage extra tickets like this. Once you link your TicketMaster account, all your NYCFC tickets show up in the YS app, including both STH and others. I just had to open the YS app, put the extra tickets in my iPhone Passbook, and from there I shared them with my daughters. First time my whole family, wife and 2 girls, went to the game together. Good experience.

Last edited: