Ticket Reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to a ticket rep who told me that NYCFC do intend to have their own ticket exchange set up similar to what the Yankees use, which is supposed to launch after payment plans are done, end of February. Tickets/Cards (not sure what they intend to use) are supposed to begin to be sent out mid-Feb.

The only problem with that is they won't let you sell for below face...

Hey dudes. I'm looking for two tickets to the 3/28 game in 236 of the supporters section. I have a couple of friends coming to town to visit that would love to go and see their buddy play!

Hey dudes. I'm looking for two tickets to the 3/28 game in 236 of the supporters section. I have a couple of friends coming to town to visit that would love to go and see their buddy play!
I don't think I'll be making that one. If all else fails for you, I will have one for 238. As far as I've heard, there won't be many issues migrating within the GA sections.

I know there are a few games I won't be able to make. I just don't know which ones right now.

These are the games I'm not going to make it to, therefore if anyone is interested in these tickets for single match face value price each, feel free to send me a message. I might add another game or two later down the road.

Tickets: Delta Sky Club seats. Sec. 221A/ Row 3/ Seats 10-11

Dates:
4/16/15 - Against Philly Union - 7pm
5/30/15 - Against Houston Dynamo - 7pm
6/13/15 - Against Montreal Impact - 7pm
8/13/15 - Against DC Unites - 7pm

According to the most recent email sent out by the club, STHs will receive their Season Cards around 3/6 and on 3/1 our tickets (and "ticket actions") will be listed in our NYCFC TM accounts and from there we can either print paper tickets, transfer tickets to someone (not entirely sure how this works but assume no sale takes place and any monetary exchange would have to be handled externally), or list tickets for resale on the NYCFC TM Ticket Exchange (which is not up and running yet), effectively a proprietary StubHub similar to the NYY TM Ticket Exchange (http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/ticket_exchange.jsp).

If anyone has any corrections or additional info on the above please chime in.

Reactions: Gene
If anyone wants tix to the 3/28 match vs. KC and/or 4/16 match vs. Philly, I will be unable to attend.
Sec. 233B-Row 6-Seats 1, 2 (aisle) ST price, less than face
Q2clOAz.png

Not to nit pick, but the Yankees TE is handled through Ticketmaster and hopefully so will NYCFC's.

I've used the Yankees TE for two years now and have had great success, and they don't even hammer you too bad with the fees. Well, as I've mentioned before I'm an upper deck type of guy, so the fees for the 400 level are more than reasonable (don't know what they are for other areas in the building).

I've read and knew about guys that have had trouble with Stub Hub. Hope we avoid them.

My work colleague/friend with Yankee tickets (package not full season) says the official Yankees TE has lower fees than StubHub but won't let you list tickets for less than face value. Sometimes that's an issue and sometimes not. When buying tickets, and he goes to a a lot of sporting events in multiple sports - he prefers StubHub.

My work colleague/friend with Yankee tickets (package not full season) says the official Yankees TE has lower fees than StubHub but won't let you list tickets for less than face value. Sometimes that's an issue and sometimes not. When buying tickets, and he goes to a a lot of sporting events in multiple sports - he prefers StubHub.
That's not true. I've used the ticket exchange 8 or 9 times over the last two seasons and I've never paid face value yet. As a matter of fact, I bought two $32.50 seats for $17.00 each for a Thursday after noon game vs Oakland last June.

Sounds like my colleague got the concept right but the details wrong.

Or else the seats they sell below face are unsold seats and STH resale seats are not allowed to be sold under face. This would make sense for the team since your ticket is already sold

The Sellers FAQ on Yankee Ticket Exchange says nothing about a floor, but I think one kicks in when you try to list your tickets. News articles are contradictory, but my best guess is that there is a floor that is sharply below face, one account said 35% of face, but still significantly higher than StubHub, which seems to let you list for as low as $6, no matter the face value.
As for fees, Yankee STH pay a 5% commission, any other ticket seller pays 15% which is same as StubHub, according to the news accounts.
I hope this is accurate; like I said, I'm trying to synthesize info from multiple sources, and the YTE seems to be somewhat intentionally opaque.

My work colleague/friend with Yankee tickets (package not full season) says the official Yankees TE has lower fees than StubHub

Yes, this is certainly true, StubHub gets you coming and going. The fee charged to the buyer is built into the sale price. After that's deducted, SH also charges the seller a fee. If someone were to purchase a hard copy face value ticket directly from the club at Yankee Stadium in my section it would be $25. If they couldn't attend and wanted to just recoup their expense by reselling the ticket via SH, they would have to list the ticket for a final price $34.75 (the amount the buyer would pay). On top of this the buyer is also charged a $2.50 "delivery" fee for printable .pdf tickets (more for hard copy mailed tickets) for a minimum total of $37.25. Buying the same ticket directly from NYCFC/TM online would come out to a total of $36.60 including all fees, delivery, etc.

My question is this: unless someone is looking for a very specific section/row/seat or the game is sold out, what would compel someone to pay more ($37.25) than they have to ($36.60) for the same ticket? That right there is the issue with StubHub.

In an ideal world, I would be able to transfer tickets for any matches I could not attend to fans such as yourselves on a forum such as as this at cost, rather than both seller and buyer throwing away money paying a big ticket company fees.

/sorry, rant over.

Reactions: Malatesta
In an ideal world, I would be able to transfer tickets for any matches I could not attend to fans such as yourselves on a forum such as as this at cost, rather than both seller and buyer throwing away money paying a big ticket company fees.

I know @NYCFC_Dan has mentioned some sensitivities in this area but we can prob make something like this happen (DMs, email, paypal, etc...). Hoping we can work this out because it totally makes sense.

Reactions: Goodfella
Status
Not open for further replies.