Ticket Reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know @NYCFC_Dan has mentioned some sensitivities in this area but we can prob make something like this happen (DMs, email, paypal, etc...). Hoping we can work this out because it totally makes sense.

Yeah, I recall him mentioning that too. Definitely would not want to provoke any negative impact on this forum but I think as long as there's no mention of figures on the public forum, there would be no repercussions.

For example, a dedicated forum category could be created for the sole purpose of exchanging tickets. Users could create a new thread offering whatever tickets they have to offer, but with no figures being discussed. The category could be regularly-monitored/moderated and threads/posts containing figures deleted/edited. If someone was interested in any tickets on offer, they could initiate a private conversation (DM) with the poster. Using the .pdf ticket option it would be easy to transfer tickets. And regarding payment, there are so many digital, easy-to-use options these days with PayPal, Venmo, SquareCash, etc.

I for one would love to not give SchlubHub or TicketBastard any more of my hard-earned cash.

Reactions: Malatesta
Not to nit pick, but the Yankees TE is handled through Ticketmaster and hopefully so will NYCFC's.

I've used the Yankees TE for two years now and have had great success, and they don't even hammer you too bad with the fees. Well, as I've mentioned before I'm an upper deck type of guy, so the fees for the 400 level are more than reasonable (don't know what they are for other areas in the building).

I've read and knew about guys that have had trouble with Stub Hub. Hope we avoid them.

Post deleted

Yeah, I recall him mentioning that too. Definitely would not want to provoke any negative impact on this forum but I think as long as there's no mention of figures on the public forum, there would be no repercussions.

For example, a dedicated forum category could be created for the sole purpose of exchanging tickets. Users could create a new thread offering whatever tickets they have to offer, but with no figures being discussed. The category could be regularly-monitored/moderated and threads/posts containing figures deleted/edited. If someone was interested in any tickets on offer, they could initiate a private conversation (DM) with the poster. Using the .pdf ticket option it would be easy to transfer tickets. And regarding payment, there are so many digital, easy-to-use options these days with PayPal, Venmo, SquareCash, etc.

I for one would love to not give SchlubHub or TicketBastard any more of my hard-earned cash.

Right on.

Sooo, what's the verdict then? Just post available tix in the matchday thread and handle the nitty gritty via DM?

Status
Not open for further replies.