Tim Leiweke Claims Nycfc Sold 24,000 Season Tickets

Maybe some big companies put down alot of deposits and is waiting to see what kind of seats they can get for it. If they cant get what they want they just eat the $50. I wouldn't just throw away $50 but in NYC there are plenty of people and companies that consider that just 2 drinks at the bar.

they won't announce STH numbers until the seat selection process is completed. It's only then that "account holders" transform to become actual 'STHs'. They announced 3K Account holders in late July and I had heard a 9K account holder number more recently but that may have been hearsay. I think RB STH base is between 10K-12K. If they kick off 2015 with a base of 15K or greater, then they are crushing it.

If it is true ( I hope that ), I think that it will be necessary to open the whole Yankee Stadium ( 50k seats ) !!!!
Forza New York City FC from Italy.

Most likely they'll announce it after the seat selection process is over

Be nice. They've also done a lot of covering of NYCFC.
I tend to disagree with what 4 413Blue - I don't think it's as bad as he says it is. But I don't think he or anyone should hold back just because EoS covers NYCFC. If they (EoS) wants to be taken seriously as a NYC-Centered Soccer source of information then they better have a lot of NYCFC coverage.

well he said that so crearly in the conference, so it can be truth and it can not be, but i more likely believe it because anybody tha lives in NY knows how the marketing works here, people spend money like nothing

The main reason I think it's BS is because the capacity is only 28k. And 4,ooo seats is too little to leave open to everyone else plus the away fans. I'm not sure if it's the same in MLS, but in Europe they usually cap it at a certain number so there are plenty of seats for non-season ticket holders to buy tickets for individual games.

But that would be incredible if true.

The main reason I think it's BS is because the capacity is only 28k. And 4,ooo seats is too little to leave open to everyone else plus the away fans. I'm not sure if it's the same in MLS, but in Europe they usually cap it at a certain number so there are plenty of seats for non-season ticket holders to buy tickets for individual games.

But that would be incredible if true.

While I'm in the "Those Numbers are Bullshit" camp, if NYCFC could sell that many season tickets they would just open up more of the stadium. The capacity cap is there to create scarcity but more to keep operational costs down. You don't open whole sections of the place (which involves concessions, bathrooms, cleaning the sections after, etc) if you don't have people coming. But you also don't keep those sections closed if you know for sure you can make a profit having them open. If in a year or two we're hitting that self-imposed capacity look to see more of the upper tier opened up.

Your site is awful dude. I don't understand why every article I read on your site has at least one glaring factual error.

Awful? I would say we are mediocre to passable!

I tend to disagree with what 4 413Blue - I don't think it's as bad as he says it is. But I don't think he or anyone should hold back just because EoS covers NYCFC. If they (EoS) wants to be taken seriously as a NYC-Centered Soccer source of information then they better have a lot of NYCFC coverage.

As many can attest to, criticism never bothers me -- warranted or not. There is a reason why we have been successful as a site, and as NYCFC continues to grow, you will continue to see why.