U.S. Open Cup 2016

I have a feeling it will be at Hofstra again, don't they try and get the "lower" league sides some time in the mini spotlight? I heard we may have also ended up playing at St. John's University Soccer stadium had we won the game against the Cosmos last year??

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene

Yankees last home game before that date is Sunday, June 12 at 2:05 PM. That's a two day turnaround until Wednesday, June 15 at 7 PM. Maybe, maybe we can get a home game for this.
I have a feeling it will be at Hofstra again, don't they try and get the "lower" league sides some time in the mini spotlight? I heard we may have also ended up playing at St. John's University Soccer stadium had we won the game against the Cosmos last year??

correct if we hosted then it would have been at st. johns ( i think the speculation was that if Jersey express beat the cosmos we would host, which is still like what? ) so i dont think nycfc will host....however red bulls hosted atlanta silverbacks, even though they are from NASL....IIRC i think its decided by coin toss at time of "draw"

I hope we're in respectable form when this rolls around. I would love to see the team make a decent run in this if not win it.

Reactions: Paul
I hope we're in respectable form when this rolls around. I would love to see the team make a decent run in this if not win it.
Unless all of the off-season moves have involved a bunch of players that cannot gel one bit, you can mark it down now that Vieira will be taking the Cup seriously and we're going to make the Cup Finals. So many other teams don't place a priority on winning the Cup which is to the advantage of a team that does (how else did Philly go so far?), and PV understands the need for hardware to prove that this isn't a silly folly of a club. Even with a rash of injuries, unless they're our entire back line, we should be expecting a real run.

Unless all of the off-season moves have involved a bunch of players that cannot gel one bit, you can mark it down now that Vieira will be taking the Cup seriously and we're going to make the Cup Finals. So many other teams don't place a priority on winning the Cup which is to the advantage of a team that does (how else did Philly go so far?), and PV understands the need for hardware to prove that this isn't a silly folly of a club. Even with a rash of injuries, unless they're our entire back line, we should be expecting a real run.

dont expect mix, possibly pirlo matarrita and maybe even missing villa is those rumors have any truth to them that del bosque still is open to him returning.

----------Eirik--------------
---Hernandez--White------
Allen----------------Martinez
-----------Lopez------------
----Jacobson----Mcnamara---
Shelton----Mullins-----Harrison

Reactions: Gene
----------Eirik--------------
---Hernandez--White------
Allen----------------Martinez
-----------Lopez------------
----Jacobson----Mcnamara---
Shelton----Mullins-----Harrison
This pretty much sums it up precisely.

Like most (if not all) MLS teams, I can't see us getting serious about this until at least the later rounds.

Most regulars get that night off and there's no way Villa, Pirlo or Lampard participate on that shit field out at the college lacrosse stadium.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Don't get me amped up, Ulrich Ulrich!
Just accept it - it's time to go balls-out and expect awesomeness for the season! Even if we're less than total awesomeness, there's nothing wrong with ever going balls-out.

This pretty much sums it up precisely.

Like most (if not all) MLS teams, I can't see us getting serious about this until at least the later rounds.

Most regulars get that night off and there's no way Villa, Pirlo or Lampard participate on that shit field out at the college lacrosse stadium.
I disagree - It's a derby, and I think Villa, Pirlo, and Lampard are going to want to be able to say, "Yeah, we played the Kosmos, and they sucked ass." Really, they're going to say that after we win.

Reactions: adam
I disagree - It's a derby, and I think Villa, Pirlo, and Lampard are going to want to be able to say, "Yeah, we played the Kosmos, and they sucked ass." Really, they're going to say that after we win.
Lol we don't care about the Cosmos, they're irrelevant to us. It's during the Copa and Euros, expect to see a lot of reserves.

Reactions: Gene
Lol we don't care about the Cosmos, they're irrelevant to us. It's during the Copa and Euros, expect to see a lot of reserves.
Not worries about this year's possible absences..... We would have beaten them last year with our B/C squad if Kreis hadn't of gift wrapped the game to them with his Wingert Birthday Present special run-out....

Reactions: adam and BxLio91
I would guess it will partly depend on how strong the squad is (injuries etc) at the time of the first game, but I think we'll probably try relatively hard to win the cup. CFG seems to like domestic cups across their clubs in general.

Reactions: Paul and adam
The USOC really should be our #1 priority, it's hardware and a way into the CCL. And it's winnable! #2 priority playoffs. If we can punch our ticket to that, anything can happen if we hit a hot steak. We most probably won't win the SS, so we should put our efforts in the directions that give us the best opportunity to succeed.

With that in mind, the club really should have an alternate venue available to host USOC matches so we don't have to play them all on the road if YS is not available. Work out a deal with Columbia or whomever. But don't hurt our chances of advancing because they are too lazy to bother to rent out a venue they'll most probably sell out with our support and even turn a profit on.

Will we have anyone other than (possibly) Mix playing in the Copa?