Union Postmatch

It's weird I thought we were somewhat frustrating/bad for large stretches of the first half yet in the end I think 2-0 flatters Philly. Still some stuff to be worked on with the passing out of the back and our finishing. Passed up some easy chances to make it 2-0 and kill the game off earlier. Maybe we were just fluffing those mundane opportunities to set the stage for finally killing it off with the ridiculously sublime ? :D Would kind of like to hear Ray Hudson's call on that one. I certainty don't have the words to describe. Damn we're lucky to be able to watch Villa week in and week out aren't we ?
Just because it's Ray and Villa.

Also, I'm now annoyed even more at our in stadium music when I hear Vancouver playing Arcade Fire. We get dogshit drake and other inane piles of popdom poop.

Will be interesting to see the heat map, but I thought Ring played as a 10 in the second half and Maxi as an 8.

And we played better. Still thinks Maxi needs space to roam free. And Ring needs the ability to play box to box. He's not Pirlo's caddy.

Will be interesting to see the heat map, but I thought Ring played as a 10 in the second half and Maxi as an 8.

And we played better. Still thinks Maxi needs space to roam free. And Ring needs the ability to play box to box. He's not Pirlo's caddy.
Love what Ring does. But if there were any doubt as to what was going on with Mix, this should remove it. Ring is more or less the same player, just cheaper and a bit more physical and less technical.

Honest question: are you Jewish? Because I have spent seder in Israel (and other places; my first name is Josué because of a very close family friend who is one of the best humans to ever walk the earth) with Jewish friends and cider was always considered chametz.

If it is now acceptable I am going to be all over that this weekend. :)

Come on man... cider is technically chametz only because it's not certified that it's produced in a grain sterile environment, but so are 99% of products out there. The only real reason is they don't pay someone to ensure no grain has made it's way into the production process, since hard cider shouldn't contain grains in its ingredients. But the real point is the dude is doing his best to avoid pure chametz (grain products, for those who care) by avoiding beer. Give him props. Now if you want an interesting alcholhol that's not your average pesach vodka and certified kosher (because you care about that), my buddies started to produce an Ethiopian Tej recipe brought over by Ethiopian Jews who emigrated to Israel. That's 100% kosher for pesach.

http://losttribesbrew.com/brews/tej.html

Come on man... cider is technically chametz only because it's not certified that it's produced in a grain sterile environment, but so are 99% of products out there. The only real reason is they don't pay someone to ensure no grain has made it's way into the production process, since hard cider shouldn't contain grains in its ingredients. But the real point is the dude is doing his best to avoid pure chametz (grain products, for those who care) by avoiding beer. Give him props. Now if you want an interesting alcholhol that's not your average pesach vodka and certified kosher (because you care about that), my buddies started to produce an Ethiopian Tej recipe brought over by Ethiopian Jews who emigrated to Israel. That's 100% kosher for pesach.

No idea wtf you talking about, but you know those Ethiopians have the ark of the covenant.

Honestly thought we played slightly above average, but nothing special. A testament to how good this squad is because if it was not for Blake, this game was 5-0.

I can't stop watching villas goal and smiling. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy.

The only thing separating Ring from being a good MLS player and a good premier league player is his finishing. Atrocious. Other than that, simply phenomenal.

Alex Ring is the signing of the season. He fights fights fights and pushes with every moment. This guy puts a solar power plant to shame.

Totally agree. My only concern is card accumulation, but definitely worth it for what he brings by a long shot.

Reactions: Kjbert
What a brilliant night. Was well worth staying up for.
After 30 mins, we completely controlled everything.
Ring was fabulous. An athlete, a pest and the architect of many great killer through balls.

I'd write about the Villa wonder goal, but it defies description.
I've not seen any long ranger as special as that.

Reactions: Kjbert and twsj91
I wonder if the rest of MLS will realize we invite the press by building out of the back in order to tire their attackers out. Philly had absolutely no attack in the second half.
That was a battle of two teams that like to possess the ball, and we did it better. Fun to watch.

Hopefully that's Shelton's last time for a while, time to give camargo a chance.

I like Ethan white, he's hard working, American, seems like a cool guy, but I can't see how they did not bring more competition for that spot.

Last year, pirlo looked weak in the beginning of the year, but something made him turn it on and start running after a few games. He was tackling all over the place and actually running slightly faster. He hasn't done that yet this year, and it's killing me. They are making him out of the game and he's making no attempt to get free. That's why maxi and ring are coming back to receive the ball. He's just pointless out there, and I'm afraid all the national articles about pirlo being done, and questions Vieiras getting will just make him more stubborn and refuse to sit him occasionally. Too bad, because Herrera is very talented and is fun to watch.

Johnson hasn't had to do anything totally amazing, but just having a competent keeper back there is such a huge difference from saunders, it's amazing.

Matarrita with the studly pass for the first goal, I think he's such a good player, gets too much criticism here for defense.

Wallace might need a break.

I wasn't laying in to the lad, only asking an honest question as I'd prefer cider to wine or "P" vodka. Truth be told, in my more recent rebelious years, I've begun bringing kosher whiskey as a gift and subtly leading everyone to open the bottle. :rolleyes:

Oh, and would you call your mate's recipe "kusher"?

I'll get my coat.